painted my spark plug cover also the mivec cover

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by RALLIART, Jun 27, 2007.

1. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

still little bit wet, but it will dry soon enough, besides i am not going anywhere today.

[​IMG]

and my calipers too.

[​IMG]

2. Patrickmann

Patrickmann Well-Known Member

I saw that on cardomain. I didn't know that was you. I was checking cardomain today and saw that. HAHA Looks awesome! What paint did you use? Nice work! Your not going to get that CF spark plug cover offered by RRM? Did you put a clear coat over it?

3. RALLIART

actualy that wasnt me on cardomain. many people actually have done this paintjob, i used a regular high heat paint... its high gloss

4. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Looks good!

5. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Very nice!!! Good job

6. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

looks great man. could you make a "How To" or a write up on painted the brake calipers? that wud be great :mrgreen:

7. RALLIART

i will later on today, my GF is flying in today, so you know what i be dong hahaahhahah. I promise you you will see it in the tutorial section soon.

8. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

^^k thanks. and have fun with ur girl 8)

9. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

If you can post pics that would be cool, not you and ur girl.

10. ViperF16

ViperF16 Well-Known Member

i painted my calipers today ... i have graphite gray, so i painted them black. i was thinking about blue or red but i didnt want to get to crazy. i'm goin try and keep the gray/black theme. i'll get some pics tomorrow when the sun is out, it kind of hard to see, but hopefully when i change the rims, less spokes will show them better

11. peetnyce

peetnyce Member

What kind of paint did you use?

What type of paint did you use brand exct.

12. RALLIART

Dupli-Color High Heat... 1200 degrees hahah high gloss. just go to your local autoparts store, tell them that you want what ever color in high gloss high heat paint for plastic!!!

13. Analog

Analog Member

Can someone post a pic of the black calipers. I have a black lancer, and i dont know if i want to paint it red, or black. If someone has already done it. Id love to see it.

14. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

I suck at painting and taping stuff off....is there a trick/faster way of taping of the logos so it is ready to paint. the way I was thinking of doing it will be mucho tiem consuming and not 100 % perfect

15. RALLIART

the way i did it was, i took a piece of masking tape and placed it over the letters and the mitsu sign, then took a utility knife and made careful cuts..

16. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

^^ thanks...this will give me something to do tomorrow....now I get to think of wat color to pick

17. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

is 1200degree paint necessary? cause i have left over paint from the brake caliper kit, and i believe the paint provided is up to 500degrees. would it be bad if i use this on the spark plug cover and mivec cover?

18. RALLIART

well think about it. Its really hot under the hood. I used it just because i didnt want it to flake off or get nasty looking. Regular paint will shrivel under the heat. and also will get sticky. you can use the 500 degree one, i just had this one so i applied that one. looks amazing and its not sticky..

19. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

mivec.jpg

i tried to be a bit different. kinda sloppy.

20. ViperF16

ViperF16 Well-Known Member

its medium