Paint chips

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by XxLaNcErGTSxX, Mar 25, 2008.

1. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

Here is my damange.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kennyjai

kennyjai Well-Known Member

is all those white dots chips?? O____O

3. XxLaNcErGTSxX

Yep, I washed the car and then took the pics

4. eg6motion

eg6motion Well-Known Member

wow, I would be pissed. Makes me wan to check mine...although its silver and I will probably never see it. I saw a silver one on ebay that had that same issue though.... Mitsu needs to compensate for that big-time

5. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Woah what the heck happened?

6. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

doesnt the anti corrosion warranty cover this or is it not?

7. Mada

Mada Active Member

with my car, all did was walk by it and the zipper from my jacket just barely brazed it and it scrached it.. sorry to say but our cars has really cheap paint

8. XxLaNcErGTSxX

No bc it has to rust!

9. XxLaNcErGTSxX

Since Mitsu doesn't make front mud flaps for the GTS the salt just eats the paint away

10. Bayurea

Bayurea Well-Known Member

yea we have cheap paint thats why its nessasery to Clay ur car once in a while, also dont even wash it at those gas stations or any place where they use that hot wax crap cuz it will eat up ur paint, i mean clayin it and waxin it is the best u can do .. that looks pretty bad, u need to take that to the dealer and see if the warrenty can help u on that cuz it looks like faulty paint n thats not ur fault but the manufaturer

11. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

If the damage was caused by dry lake bed runs...then you're S.O.L. If is due to normal wear and tear AND it's still in warranty, Mitsu will need to correct the issue per their paint warranty guidelines. I had a similar problem on my tarmac black Evo and they repainted the damaged area.

Just a heads up. You may want to invest in a clear bra or other paint protection. Mitsu has been known to have a very weak painting process.

12. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

Man, that sucks bad.. but I can relate. Although my car is no where near as bad, I too am getting the same thing. All of the salt/sand on the road over the winter has taken its toll. Im starting to get the chipping on the plastic side skirts, near the rear wheel wells in the same spot as in your first picture.

Its Soooooo nice to know (sarcastic voice), that Mitsu wont do anything about it..(you said they wont cover it cuase its not rust??!!??) I got to say, for all the different cars Ive owned, over all these years,it seems Mitsu has the worst customer care/ service/ warrentee I have yet to see. With my last car, a Hyundai, all I had to do was bring it in and they would fix anything, no questions asked.

13. LuvMyLancer

Wow...that's so weird...what the hell kinda salt do you guys use?!

My car has no paint problems what-so-ever other than the scratches I caused myself (got mad at scraping ice off it and actually scraped some paint off lol)

I truly hope that thats just a rare occurance :?

14. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

I dont know about the original poster, but here in Connecticut, they switched over to this liquid salt solution this yaer, and it is way worse then the old salt "pellets" they used to use in the past.

15. XxLaNcErGTSxX

I was at my dealer and I am SOL. They said its from normal wear and tear and they will not cover it. They gave me a price to fix it and its about $2000. I am just going to get vinyls for the sides

16. LuvMyLancer

liquid salt? WTF?

Here we use sand mostly and old school chunky salt stuff LOL.

If I move out to Calgary, they don't use salt OR sand, they use tiny little rocks. So that'll probably cause chips but I doubt it'd corrode anything.

17. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

thats cuz hyundai is such a looked down on company that they have to make themselves look good somehow :p

18. JAD

JAD Member

i noticed the exact same damage on my car.. all i do is drive to work and school, no dirt roads or anything like that.

19. Geaux

Geaux Well-Known Member

For those with this problem, just go to your local autostore and pick up the black generic ones.

I don't know the rules on this site, so mods delete if its wrong, but I saw this on the evo section of the 'other site'

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=331484

20. Lancerlot

Lancerlot Well-Known Member

I've already done that on my car, it was one of the first things I had done, because in past experiences I had ALOT of paint chips up the sides of my vehicles that didnt have any mudflaps on them. Maybe due to the harsh weather we can get here, along with all the other shit we have on our roads.