OZ Rally after 1st year of owning..

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by Ciphony, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Ciphony

Ciphony Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ok i guess that is enough of the pretty pictures with no words...
    so here is the list
    Vis Carbon Fiber Evo style hood and trunk
    Trunk has flip hinge
    Wings West carbon fiber Evo style spoiler
    Evo5 Body Kit
    Megan Racing 32 way Adjustable Dampning Full Coilover suspension
    18" HD Pypz Rims Wrapped with Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sports 215/35rz18
    RRM Aluminum Crank Pulley
    Fedanza Aluminum Flywheel
    Cold air intake (air enters filter at opening in bumper)
    Generic Stainless Headers
    Generic stainless cat back exhaust
    M3 Fiberglass fenders
    AVS ventvisors

Now the interior
    Alpine headunit
    Powerbass Interior speakers and 2 extra generic tweeters in A-pillars
    2 12" DB Crossfire subs
    All speakers powered by 5 channel 2600 watt powerbass amp
    20% tinted side windows
    5% tinted rear windows
    8GB Music drive

P.S. There are now ventvisors on the rear windows as well

2. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

haha i seen you around. you go to central? there are a good amount of local lancer guys here new and old.

3. ThunderOZ

ThunderOZ Well-Known Member

I want your cf trunk :) I have the same hood as you. So when are you going to boost it?

4. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

your car is looking great, how about some interior shots =]

5. Ciphony

I would give you interior shots but you can go into your lancer and see the same... mods on the exterior came before interior for once and next year is interior year.

Naw dont go to central. I live around that area and go to the pike at times but not as much. i like the burger king car show. nice muscle.

I have been asked that question alot. I first purchased the car with 117K miles. I decided that if i wanted to drive my investment around i would need a new motor. I replaced the motor with a 2.0 from a younger 2002 lancer that had 20k on it. I then took the old block and brought it home in preparation for rebuilding for boost. Then tragedy struck. The building , my apartment, that housed the motor burned down.
    [​IMG]
    the motor and a few of my stock parts were destroyed. At that point i decided to weight the pros and cons of boosting. Correctly done with a rebuilt block and the RRM turbo kit (which is the most complete kit i found) would cost $12000. Adding to the already 5K on the car and 4k purchase price of the car i would effectively quadruple the money in vs the value. I also drive this car every day. Even in the winter. If and when i get a 2nd car and can pull this one off the road , then further engine modifications can continue. This, however, is as far as i am prepared to take it.

6. ThunderOZ

You can build your own kit for $1000-$2000 and build the block for the same amount. RRM really over prices their stuff imo. I'm at 160k on my oz, which has been boosted for about a year now, and is my daily driver.

7. Ciphony

i could go the cheap way and drop that little but then what would be the point? i would have a shitty turbo that will only put out maybe 250 if i am lucky? Thanks but no thanks.. if i am gonna do it. it will be done with all the bells and whistles and the right way. 300+ at least....

8. ThunderOZ

Never new an Evo 8/9 16g was a shitty turbo than gave up at 250... Especially since there are lancers over 300whp with it...

9. ThunderOZ

Especially since the rrm kit's turbo flows less (Evo III turbo vs Evo VIII).

10. jc

jc Well-Known Member

love the car.. but im sorry not digging the rims at all..
    everything else flows right..

11. Ciphony

hmm.. ok.. what would you put on there? i like to know style aspects from other points of view... as far as the turbo thing..i was using the rrm kit as an example.. it is rather complete... i can rebuild the bottom end for 2k but then i have restricted flow on the top end and now have to pull the motor again to replace the heads when i want them ported... another 1.2k. then i would want ported intake and throttle body... another 1.5k. i would then want to put the stage 2 cams in.. another 900. i mean 2k is a good start but i dont want to cheap out for something that i would push to the limits and damage just to rebuild again... plus i just dont have the money nor the time or place to do the rebuild(s).. so i am just gonna leave the question of turbo as a no for now...

p.s. you can say what you want.. i dont think i will be commenting again on the turbo topic.

12. glopez

glopez New Member

hey did you get your body kit from accolade?
    becuase i want the same one and i was wondering how much it cost you because they said the sales proce for it was $900

13. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

wow, this car.....