Owners of Works Drop in

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by faracinman2, Mar 19, 2008.

1. faracinman2

faracinman2 Well-Known Member

Does it just make it a little louder or does it give it deeper tone. If possible can someone make a sound clip. Also, are the gains more low end or high end? Thanks

2. faracinman2

26 views, and no input???

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

34 views :D give it time, its only been a few hours. the only one in this forum that has the WORKS drop in, is the guy from OZ.

4. faracinman2

lol is it that bad... being how only one guy has it??

5. bras_33

not everyone knows about WORKS. The prices at WORKS are a tad bit more than people are willing to pay. I have the rear sway and short throw from WORKS. I was going to get their springs until I got coilovers.

6. faracinman2

well i'm wanting to get a drop in filter cuz i want to keep the stock look. i know another company, green filters i believe has a drop in for our car... but im wondering if it is like the same as works

7. bras_33

K&N also has a drop in for the 08 Lancer

8. faracinman2

so basically they are the same except from different companies?

9. mb978n

mb978n Well-Known Member

i too am eager to know what sort of differences there are between them... since the kn is 60 bucks heh

10. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

k&n dosnt have the highest flow rate but they are the top few that stops the most dirt. 60 is a normal price and you may feel a lil gain, not as much as a intake system, but some.

11. razo

razo Member

sorry to go a little off topic here but:
    anyone know the ‘code’ for our filters?
    i was thinking a bout picking up a K&N and i just want to make sure i get the right one…
    thanks

12. krnkimchi702

krnkimchi702 Well-Known Member

i have the works drop in filter... i like the look of stock.. it sounds louder than stock and of course more quiet than a sri.. but dont ask me to make a soundclip b/c im too lazy.... i like the filter.. its reusable, and its stock looking

13. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

/\sound clip please... :D

14. bras_33

you are on the internet, you can do a search...its on the k&n website.

15. faracinman2

So the works would be considered a hi flow, therefore having more gains then the K&N, and possibly equivalent or a little less, to the performance gains of an SRI? Or am I completely wrong? :?:

16. eg6motion

eg6motion Well-Known Member

actually, its not....unless you have an EVO.

17. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

K&n has and animated e-mail you enter your car year,model etc and within a minute or so will email you back with the parts that they have for the car

18. faracinman2

Did you have a more low end gain or high end?

19. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

the filter would have more flow than the stock filter, but replacing the filter would somewhat compare it to a sri. an sri is designed to have no restriction the stock setup has multiple bends which is why a "aftermarket " setup is better. if your just wanting to save some gas and get a lil pep go w/ k&n...its cheaper for the same thing and itll last you for about 4 years if you get a cleaning kit ($15)

20. bras_33

actually it is. k&n says this will fit the 08. You can email them to confirm it.