Order a kn fliter

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Mitsubishilancergts, Feb 21, 2009.

1. So i order a kn fliter and next plan is axleback will i feel any gains with it? I know i wont get huge gains but will i be albe to tell a diff? And also if i get a header will that turn off my warranty? And not pass inspector bc of the smog?

2. Ranger026

Ranger026 Active Member

When I put in my K&N drop in filter, I felt a little bit of a difference; so yea, the car will feel a little different with the new air filter-plus it does not void warranty.

Regarding the header, I've read in a few places that the header makes the check engine light turn on, so you'll have to get a "CEL Eliminator" (RRM sells it) in order for your car to pass emissions. I don't know if the header would void warranty.

3. brads09lancerGTS

brads09lancerGTS Active Member

I had the k&n drop-in before the sri and I didn't notice any diff with it. My mpg's were the same and if i got any power increase it would have been a hp or 2, nothing u will ever notice.

4. kaliuv

kaliuv Well-Known Member

I'm exactly in that situation. I've got the kn filter and tsudo axle-back. Answer is, there is little to no difference. You just feel better because of the sound tsudo muffler makes. good thing about kn filter is that you can just wash it and oil it little bit, then you can use it again. From kn filter homepage, I read a commercial article about an old guy who has driven about 1million miles with the kn filter.

5. aTm beaner

aTm beaner Well-Known Member

my k&n is a little loose. the clips are holding it without any problems. it just feels like it moves.