On a budget upgrades

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by coxlancer09, Feb 20, 2010.

1. coxlancer09

coxlancer09 Well-Known Member

So what kind of upgrades (that provide some kind of performance increase) does anyone know of. The lower the price the better. Remember these are performance improving parts for those of us "on a budget".....

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Intakes, some exhausts. My exhaust I got off of eBay for $200 shipped. Those are just basic ones that are usually not as expensive as other mods.

3. HiPowerMtrsprts

HiPowerMtrsprts Well-Known Member

Intakes would be the first thing because there are a lot of companies out there that make them, same goes for exhaust. After that it gets though because their aren't a lot of performance parts out for the lancer yet that's are cheap

4. inkedup

inkedup Well-Known Member

k&n drop in filter, 50 bucks with a great sound( in my opinion)

same horsepower gains as a cai or sri.

rrm makes a pulley for like 100 something bucks that feels great too.

5. 1slowlance

A drop in filter will not give the same horsepower/torque gains as a CAI or SRI.

6. x32weezyx

x32weezyx Well-Known Member

sum1 on here bought a chip from volo...tat wood b a good buy after the intake and xhaust i wood think and the pully from rrm although i dont like rrm..lol

7. inkedup

i got 7 with mine.

8. TILMakeEmTap

TILMakeEmTap Guest

The drop in filter gives no hp/torque at all, its the same as replacing the stock filter with another stock filter. The only way to get more hp from the intake is to get a aftermarket or have a way that more air flow gets into the engine. The K&N air filter is just a replacement from stock to name brand .. simple as that. It doesn't change the housing of the intake or the intake itself.

To answer the OP's question, I'd have to say intake (got my Fujita SRI from autocityimports.com for $200 shipped) and the RRM pulley from RRM for around $100 .. like HiPower said there aren't many engine upgrades that are available meaning the market can keep the price a little higher. Give it a few more months and it'll come around.

9. 1slowlance

Actually, the K+N filter actually does give a gain, but nowhere near what changing the whole stock intake system is. It's been dyno proven to give like 4 or 5 more horse from a stock filter. It just flows better.

10. HiPowerMtrsprts

HiPowerMtrsprts Well-Known Member

:cheers:

11. inkedup

well, point taken.

i apologize for my ignorance.

it was still a decent, cheap upgrade, and ive always preferred the sound of k&n.

id rather save myself over 100 bucks and miss out on a couple horses.

12. TILMakeEmTap

TILMakeEmTap Guest

Ah performance isn't everyone's thing on car .. some (like myself) just like to do cosmetic upgrades but K&N isn't a bad company at all .. also no biggie on the "ignorance" thing (no offense if I sounded like an ass) but we're all here to learn from each other.

13. inkedup

No worries man, that was half sarcasm as it was.