ok. please explain

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by patriots1, Jan 6, 2010.

1. patriots1

patriots1 Active Member

i drove a mazda before i got my lancer. so im not to sure about much on lancers. what is the difference between OZ( what i have), LS and ES? if i want to buy something, and it is compatable for LS, ES but not OZ, can i use it?

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

DE, ES, LS, GS, and OZ are just different trim levels on the lancer. All it signified are the different options like , alloys, spoilers, and lip kits. They all have the 2.0 in them

3. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

the oz has rims that you can only get with the oz lancer, and has differnt gauges i believe, and also it comes with the spolier and lips stock

4. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

^^yeah, forgot about that. The oz bolt pattern is 4x100 I think. Thanks for that man

5. timschoeliertm

oz is 4 x 114.3, the rest are 4 x 100

6. patriots1

patriots1 Active Member

awesome. thanks. :)

7. CS7A-7G

CS7A-7G Well-Known Member

some are 5 lug like the ra's and i think the 04-07;s use 5 lug too

8. stalrev

stalrev Well-Known Member

my OZ came with the rally suspension package as well as the OZ rims which went bye bye the first day i cant have 14" rims nope nope. lol
    on the 7th gen lancer body parts ES,LS, OZ 00-03 match 04-07 match on engine the 2.0 4g94 01-07 should match up. the OZ does have the 100X114.3 that is the odd kicker on the car. the Ralliart and the Evo are two sperate cars from the lancers family. although alot of the body parts from the ralliart look the same you are looking at a few inch differences on widths and length of the car which throws everything out of kilter if you by for es,ls,OZ.. hope this helped some, and if i got some if it wrong yall ... feel free to correct lol

9. timschoeliertm

the oz are ballin 15s haha

10. stalrev

stalrev Well-Known Member

my bad lol 15" OZ Rally rims lol

11. patriots1

patriots1 Active Member

thanks for the help. :) next question. how do i take the headlights out? im getting new carbon fiber headlights. never did this so im not sure how to pull them out.

12. timschoeliertm

im pretty sure that there is only like 3 bolts you unscrew and take out the bulbs, its pretty simple

13. ssp-turbolancer

ssp-turbolancer Well-Known Member

yep 3 screws and pull the backing of the headlights out

14. ThunderOZ

ThunderOZ Well-Known Member

Yup OZ and LS have the 4X114.3 lug pattern. The OZ also came with a rear sway bar, usually all black interior, the Evo 7 inspired gauges, color matched mirrors and door handles, the OZ spoiler/rims, OZ lip kit, and lighting yellow(or some yellow) and phoenix red were only OZ colors. Also, the shift knob and ebrake lever were leather, and the rear seats could fold down.

15. ChadD_OZ

ChadD_OZ Well-Known Member

damn you broke it down. lol.