NGK Double Platinum Spark Plugs

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by bizzyd738, Jul 14, 2008.

1. bizzyd738

bizzyd738 Active Member

hey just ordered the NGK spark plugs for my GTS from speedcorps, anyone else actually have them already ? any comments bout them? just wondering to see if there is any difference or difficulty with them. thanks

2. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

i don't have them, but was wondering the something. if they difference or not. if no one has them then you can be the first to let everyone know.

3. Well the GTS (dont know about the others) come with Iridium spark plugs...which tend to be much better than any platinum spark plug...Iridium has a much higher temp resistant and last longer...

4. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

my es has irdium plugs too, but i thought these were better than platinum anyways. but how about those plugs from pulstar?

5. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

i think that all of them have irridum, de,es,gts. from the reaserch that i have done. platinum is good but barly under irridum for conductivity, so you get a lil better spark. its like comparing copper to gold(conductivity). import tuner just tried out the pulstar plugs and actually gained hp. its the sept 08 issue (they dont no its july) but it was on a civic si with an ecu reflash then the plugs. noticable gains started 5g+rpm with peak 2.8 hp/ft lbs.

6. DVHopeful

DVHopeful Well-Known Member

I have those spark plugs, dont really notice any difference. For the first about 100 miles tho there is engine noise. i think its bc the engine has to adjust(CVT). I wish i woulda known that the OE ones provide better spark. Out $50 now.

7. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

lol, i am glad i read before i bought, cause i was about to buy them but i didnt know if they would really give me anything besides losing a 100 dollars total