Newbie from Chi-Town ;)

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by xSoni, Sep 8, 2009.

1. xSoni

xSoni Well-Known Member

Hey guys whats up, recently bought a 09 es sport. Havent really done any mods to it yet. (Complete noob for now, so I dont even know what I could do) . If you have any suggestions id appreciate em ;D I was thinking of adding a shark fin and replacing the stock antenna.. doesnt seem to difficult lol. I've seen quite a few lancers with em and I think it looked pretty awesome compared to the stock antenna.

Also if theres anyone from IL, whats the law about window tinting? Is it still illegal to tint the front windows? If so would only the rear windows being tinted look bad on a graphite gray lancer?

So many questions.. guess im just in a hurry to learn ;)
    Anyway heres some pics;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. slim8605

slim8605 Well-Known Member

Don't tint the front windows! I've been pulled over twice and ticketed 1 for it. I finally just took it off. There is a new law that should be passed in thew next couple of months that will allow as up to 35% on the fronts. Some things may change with that so just don't do those yet lol. Right now my lancer is 15% in the rear and it doesn't look too bad. Where exactly are you?

Nice car btw :)

3. xSoni

xSoni Well-Known Member

Hey, thanks for the tinting advice lol. Hope that law gets passed..
    Im actually right in downtown chi, live in teh millenium centre right across from Excalibur, dno if you've heard of it. Its, right by Hardrock/Rainforest cafe.

oh btw, can you post a pic of your car with the rear windows tinted? wanna see what it looks like before I just get the rear done. D;

4. whosjamesgo

whosjamesgo Well-Known Member

5. slim8605

Before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After(Only pics I've taken since they've been off)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you read towards the end of the thread posted in that link by whosjamesgo you'll see more updated info on the new law.

6. edher_gts

edher_gts Well-Known Member

WelCome 2 Lt..!!!
    And Humm Yeah U Cn Go Limo In the BAck Thas How I HAve Them.!! Used 2 HAve 25% in The Front bt nice I got My Ticket I Had 2 TAke them off.!! :(
    And Since i Think U Have the Nose Already Black U Should Do The RA crome Around And paint ur Grill.! I think it Would Lo0k ko0l.!! Idk..lol..

7. xSoni

xSoni Well-Known Member

Hmm I was thinking of painting the chrome around it, wanted to see what it looked like w/o it first tho. Not sure if im gonna do it yet, ill probably end up doing it tho.. lol. So you think just rear window tint would look good on a graph gray lancer? (just temporarily till the new law hopefuly :< )

Thanks for the pics slim, looks good on black, im still thinkin bout it for mine tho :D If I do get them tinted ill probably go 35% so it can be 35% all around if the bill passes.

For painting the grill, should i remove it and then paint, or just mask it off :?: ;D

Btw, for the guys from IL, do you ever get pulled over for driving w/o a front license plate?

8. edher_gts

edher_gts Well-Known Member

ohh wow when i painted mine i dint to0k it off.!! just cover it.. bt if u really want 2 do a nice job i think yeah take it off.! lol.. humm yeah i got pulled over the same time kus of the tints and the no front license plate so i had 2 get the one that goes in the side and it lo0ks pretty ko0l.!!

[​IMG]

9. xSoni

xSoni Well-Known Member

hmm might have to get the side mount then,, or just think of an excuse everytime.. from what i've heard they dont usually pull you over for just the license plate D; Ill probably just mask up the grill like you said, unless I have a lot of time then ill take it off. Thanks for the advice :D

10. slim8605

lol I've been pulled over twice for no plate on the front. The first time was when I first got the car and I told the cop I was waiting for new plates. The second time I told the cop I was in an accident and plate was damaged(since I actually had a cracked frame that I replaced inside the car from when I was rear ended he bought it). You may get away with it for a while but depending on where you drive you'll eventually get pulled over for it.

As far as painting the grill...take it out and do it. It takes about 5-10 minutes to take out. You'll probably spend that much time taping it off.

11. bizzyd738

bizzyd738 Active Member

hey man congrats on new lancer, yea i got 50% on front and 20% in back, never get bothered by cops luckily. i was downtown actually last nite.

12. xSoni

xSoni Well-Known Member

Ill probably do that then :D

Id get the front done, but since i live downtown and park on the street a lot when stopping at a store or somethin, id probably come out with a ticket on my windshield everytime :x

13. Mz_Sophi3_bby

Mz_Sophi3_bby Active Member

Hey whats up ma, Nice ride you got there... You can tint all your windows, just roll the front down when you see cops lmao that's what my BF does. tickets are normally 25 bucks. But you pay for what you want on your car. So you stay in Downtown, am like 10 mins away from you .

14. Chi_Lancer09

Chi_Lancer09 Well-Known Member

what up... welcome. i'm from the chicago area 2. i stay in the sw burbs but am always in the chi. check out the lancer meet on oct. 17th!! :) there's a post in the midwest section.