Newb, GF Bought an ES

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by JHand, Dec 3, 2010.

1. JHand

JHand New Member

Just wanted to intro myself.
    My name is Jess and we just got an 09 Lancer ES a few months back.
    [​IMG]
    Personally I'm not a fan of the car as I really haven't had much bonding time w it, but she loves it, and that's really all that matters.
    Just wanted to join up and try to learn more about it. I hate the CVT tranny. I just don't get it, especially since I drive a 5spd, it feels horrible underneath me.
    She wants to mod it, more for show than anything. We've added a Ralliart spoiler, and I have a Christmas present on the way for her.
    She's into AutoX'ing so we're going to have to stiffen up the suspension and body soon so she can get back out there and show the boys how to do it, the stock set-up feels worse than my car did stock!
    Anyway, I'm hoping to stick around and find parts and learn more. Catch yall around.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT.
    Personally, I agree with the thought of the cvt tranny. But I'm going to have to disagree on the autoxing this car. It is too heavy and too wide to do it with. That's how I feel about all the new lancers when it comes to auto x. They look more of a show car than a sports sedan. But it does drive nicely and handles pretty good for a fwd. Get some mods and have fun. Let us know how it goes.

3. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT. I don't dig the new Lancer's too much either, but they can look great if done correctly. Good luck, and keep us posted.

4. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

Welcome! Car looks good, I still haven't drove a car with CVT so don't really have an opinion on it. Keep us updated on the car.

5. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

This is true. Look at Sinestra's lancer. I love his new gen lancer the most on here. My opinion. I'm sorry if I offend anyone with that statement but it is indeed sexy.

6. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Indeed the new Lancers are really not set up for Auto X. However, there are a couple of people i know who had made the mods to make it feasible to do it. Ask Alex he use to Auto X his Desert Sand. One of the first things you would need to do is reduce the weight of it. These girls have a fat heavy ass and the engine is actually pretty darn heavy too. Thats one of the reasons why the CVT is so damn sluggish its underpowered and its on a heavy body that never makes for a good combination. It could be worse she could have the 2.0 CVT instead of the 2.4 that things feels like a brick.

You just have to know what you are working with. A lot of old skool people do not like the new gen Lancers. I saw the potential in the body styling and modded with that in mind and maybe thats why i have had some successes with my whip.

Welcome to the forms and good luck on the modding keep us updated on the progress.