New tsudo cat back exhaust?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by ealjla9227, Dec 18, 2009.

1. ealjla9227

ealjla9227 Member

Does anyone have this kit and if so what do you think cause I am highly considering the purchase of one I mean it is the best deal you can get on a cat back and it seems to be a good quality built kit and tsudo seems to be making a name for themselves so if anyone has actual experience with this kit please get at me with any details you may have

2. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

I have this one it's good for the money you spend. The bad part about it is, the hanger they put on it can be quite weak...mine actually broke off at the weld and I had to get it rewelded when I went over some grass I had to park in...it bounce around a little bit. It's fairly simple to install and doesn't take much knowledge at all! It's not as loud as I had hoped it would be, but everyone tells me it has a great deep tone when I drive away and it's not "ricey" at all. I'm getting my resonator cut out to get the maximum amount of sound from it. On a really good note it really lowers the weight of the rear end since it's REALLY light.

I hope this helped you out a little bit..if you need anymore info just let me know I'll be happy to help!

3. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

I also have one and for the money its great. The sound is not ricey after the break in it has a nice deep tone and when you get an SRI or CAI the sound gets even better. As mentioned above the hanger is quite weak but i knew this and did a little custom work to get it to stay put and have it angled up more. You can actually use a coat hanger to fix the problem. Also, the canister is a bit big which makes it look kind of ricey but still it was a good buy. I would recommend it if you not looking to spend 300-400 on an exhaust.

4. ealjla9227

ealjla9227 Member

hey guys I appreciate the feedback but I believe we are talking about different systems I am looking at the full cat back that tsudo just came out with it sounds to me like you are talking about the axle back if so i recommend checking out this new one out on speedelementmotorsports.com the new kit is only for the california lancer with the pzev system (partial zero emissions vehicle) its basically just a secondary cat to my knowledge and the new tsudo catback eliminates the pzev. let me know what you guys have and what you think of the new one if you dont have it thanks guys

5. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

does anyone have any knowledge of this exhaust or any comments on it? looking for an exhaust myself that isnt too pricey or abnoxious

6. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

It looks nice, but PZEV only... that sucks!

7. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

thats fine for me cuz that what im stuck with

8. the system acts as a cat-delete for the secondary cat that are pzev cars. the other cat is still right after the header so that one stays intact. the rest of its is pretty much straight pipe. for 400 bucks its your best bet if you have a pzev car. for you fed guys, just wait because tsudo is coming out with one for fed cars, how do i know? i was the test car for them.

9. andyk30

andyk30 New Member