New to LT.com and Lancers

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by 925OZrally, Jul 26, 2010.

1. 925OZrally

925OZrally Member

Hello all,

I just recently purchased a 03 Lancer OZ. Its in great condition except for some front end damage, but over all isn't bad at all. I got it for a amazing deal. I used to have a 2000 integra LS before, and I am using the rest of the money from selling my last car to fix this one up. Im still not sure which way i am going to go with this lancer. Either slam it or rally it out. So im still debating there.

Here is my old integra

[​IMG]

mainly just all suspension was upgraded, cornered like a sav! and the basic intake/exhaust.

And here is the new lancer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

1. Welcome to lt.com
    2. I'm not a fan of honda's but I always make exceptions for integras
    3. OZ RALLY for the muthafuckin win!

as for performance mods we are a bit more expensive to mod with. The first thing you want to do is a rear disk brake conversion. It's a bit costly but for our crappy front brakes its worth it. You can slam it but I was never a fan of so low my tires rub. Pick up some coil overs or new shocks and struts and some tein h tech springs. And fyi this car weighs more than your integra so you can rally it but be cautioned.

Out of curiosity what made you switch from acura(honda) to mitsubishi. Not many people I know would ever make that switch. I've been trying to convince my friends for a while to get a mitsu but they are like "I want a reliable car". I look at them like they are stupid. Told them my dad's 99' galant had 410,... miles on it before it got ran over by a semi.

3. 925OZrally

925OZrally Member

Thanks for the Welcome.

My main reason for switching is my integra was starting to be a pain in the ass and unreliable. Ive put in almost as much money fixing it as a paid for it. And the switch was mainly because my GF bought a tahoe and this was her old car and wanted to sell it. But didnt really care to try and fix it or sell it online so she sold it to me for 1k. has 150k miles on it but runs amazing. And I always loved lancers especially evo's but i damn well cant afford one so i got this. Maybe in hopes to turn it into a baby evo hahah. I really want to convert it to 5 lug, get rear disc's. Lower it, put on most likley 17's maybe 18's not sure how 18's will look/fit. maybe go for atleast the evo9 rearbumper for the lancer and get the evo wing with the vortec generator (if im sayin that right) Not go to overboard with everything tho. still keep the lancer and OZ badges. im trying to find a way to either get the evo9 bumper they make for the lancer or the cedia one. But to many options, im just not exactly sure which way i want to go. Im not trying to do an evo conversion, i just love the look and styles of them so much. Then ill do he exhaust and intake basics. Then maybe look into boosting it, but since im in CA i dont know if there is a legal way of doing that haha. and of course building up the internals before boosting. But we will see over time if i change my mind or not. Im still looking at all the possibilities i have with this car first before setting anything in stone.

4. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT. I'm with Jogen, integra is the only honda that I can agree with. Good color choice though....

5. Jogenmaru

Lets see...hhmm where to start.5 lug conversion about $900. Rims...no more than 17's if you plan to lower it. You are on 15's right now. I plan on goin to 16's only because I plan on lowering it. If you get 18's it will just stay at oem height and close the wheel gap. Evo 8/9 anything looks better on a 04-06 lancer. But if you can make it work then props. I havent seen the evo 9 on a lancer before. There is a legal way to boost a lancer. You can source everything from an evo 8 except the header. The evo spoiler fit you just have to drill 2 holes on both sides left in right and the center hole from the oz spoiler you will need to cover with something. I just used a flat head screw. With that list...not trying to scare you away but around 4k. You can find everything you just named used, except the 5 lug conversion. Just search our forums. Anything you need to know just ask. And make a progress report. I think I can speak for all of us when I say "We love pics! Show us some pics". And go ahead a build a wish list. I've been around for about 6 months now showing ppl in the right direction on where to get some good stuff.

Oh yea...as for exhaust...I have the roadracemotorsports exhaust and I love it. If you stay in Cali they are right around the corner from you.

Here is a link to there 03 OZ Rally Lancer. All the stuff on it is there own. Im not too sure about the wheels though.
    http://roadracemotorsports.com/2002-lancer-oz/

There products for us can be found here
    http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/...th=1_4&zenid=40d15307c14f8ab4a3039cc8bb5b9989

Turbo stuff from them here
    http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/...h=1_29&zenid=40d15307c14f8ab4a3039cc8bb5b9989

And one more alternative is Speedcorps.com
    http://speedcorps.com/02Lancer.html

I like both sites. The ppl there are very helpful too.

Just remember if you source all of your turbo build from an evo you are going to need a 5-10 psi actuator spring. Our cars cant handle anything past that on stock internals. Anyway off to play Gears of War 2 with the gf and her family.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  6. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT. ^ This man is very helpful. Lol.

7. 925OZrally

925OZrally Member

Yea, thanks for all the helpful info. I will definatly look into those sites for parts. And once I get crackin on my car i will start a build thread and post up pics, im a pic whore and love them also.

And by the way this is the bumper i want to get, Its only over seas right now and probably costs an arm and a leg to get at the moment, but there is a vendor on EvoM that is getting the bumper, test fitting it and stuff. So hopefully they will have it out soon. but this is a pic of the bumper i want soooo bad haha..

[​IMG]

8. Jogenmaru

I don't know if that will fit on the 02-03 lancers. It will fit on the 04-06 lancer es/ls/oz/ralliart though.

9. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

that is an 02 or 03, you can tell by the lights

10. Jogenmaru

Ok. I was looking info on this yesterday about the evo look conversion. And the panels do fit. You would have to weld to the original body replacing the peices you are adding. Such as the rear driver quarter panel. You would remove it halfway from where it meets at the door and weld the evo one on it. But with that time and money you can spend it to make your lancer go as fast as a stock evo. 260 whp. But that end is pretty.

11. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

i cant wait till i pay my car off. then i can spend lots of money on my car :]

12. 925OZrally

925OZrally Member

But in that photo everything is stock lance besides the front and rear bumper, hood and wing. They didn't use the true evo stuff. It's a kit.

13. davidfisher

davidfisher New Member

Hey congrats for the new purchase and welcome here.its good to know you.have a great time.

14. HiPowerMtrsprts

HiPowerMtrsprts Well-Known Member