New to LancerTuners from CA.

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by LancerReplay, May 7, 2012.

1. LancerReplay

LancerReplay Member

Looking to see what mods I can do to my 2010 Lancer GTS.

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

If you can think of it, it can be modded or changed. It all depends on what goals you have and your budget. My advice would be to think of where you want the car to be in a few years...i.e. driveability, ride comfort, etc. After you get a good idea of the level you want to take it, start your build slowly. I made the mistake of going balls-out when I first bought mine in 2004. Since then, I have swapped intakes,exhausts, wheels, seats, and all that other stuff. I could have saved a lot of time and money if I had just been patient and planned it out. good luck with the modding and keep us updated on any progress made...most of all, Welcome to LT

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Beginners mods such as intake and exhaust are good to start with. You can do both yourself. Take it nice and slow otherwise as stated, you will waste a ton of cash.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

4. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Welcome to LT!

I really like the small things. Mud flaps (for the rally look), door scuff plates, shift knobs, subtle paint jobs (like brake calipers), some clean decals, boost gauges (if applicable), and low-key lip kits. Personally, I plan on an exhaust and maybe some minor engine component upgrades. Nothing drastic (not while I have a warranty). l2q is right; get an idea of where you want your car to be, and then mod it to fit that.

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT, yo.

6. LancerReplay

LancerReplay Member

Thanks everyone I really appreciate the welcome and advice I'm already getting. I might start off with body changes for my lancer. I'm not sure if it's true since my lancer is automatic but I have been reading that there are not much performance upgrades that can be done to the automatic as in turbo. But anyways I'll post what body changes that I'm interested in buying and see what you all think about them as in if it's a good idea or not.

7. LancerReplay

LancerReplay Member

Also should I create a new thread or just keep posting to this one?

8. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Create a new one in the progress report area. and welcome to lt

9. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

Welcome To LT! Really glad to see another rotor glow lancer owner on here :)

sorry about the trolling in the random thoughts post you made, it's just what i do...lol

10. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

Welcome to da LT!

Oh You Mad? It's Just Tapatalk

11. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Welcome to lt dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk