New to LancerTuners AND Looking For Ideas

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by KillzBugzFast, Apr 28, 2010.

1. KillzBugzFast

KillzBugzFast Well-Known Member

Thanks for checking out my post. I have a 2005 Ralliart 2.4L M/T and I'm back and forth with the idea to hook-up this car. My biggest plans are to fully replace the exhaust and put an RRM Turbo kit on. I'm more towards the sleeper mindset with this car. My biggest concern: is the money worth the outcome of the performance of the boost?

2. shieldwolf342

shieldwolf342 Well-Known Member

your best person to keep in touch with would be lancer2quick he drives a R/A as well

and is the money worth it honestly thats up to you in your opinion I would think so more on the R/A's than the others but hey it all comes down to preference

btw: WELCOME!!!

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Lancer2quick has an 04 Ralliart. He has around 230 hp with just bolt-ons. If you did the similar bolt-ons with a turbo and a really good tune. You can make 300hp. In a fwd car its a bit much but you have more weight to your car than the other lancers plus rear disk brakes I believe.

You are on a MIVEC engine. There is quite a bit you could do and keep it a sleeper. I suggest basic bolt-ons, intake and exhaust. If you are going turbo eventually you could buy a cheap header or just stay oem. RRM's turbo is a bit expensive but I believe it is worth it. Others will say do a custom one but if your willing to shell out the cash for a turbo kit then go for it.

I say your order of mods should go intake, exhaust, tires, suspension, turbo. And anything else you want to do afterwards. Just dont forget to get a good tune. And WELCOME TO LT.COM

4. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT....^^thanks for putting me on the spot guys.. lol. But yeah, the little MIVEC in the R/A's has potential. The majority of stuff I have done can be done in your driveway, with a few hours. I concentrated mainly on airflow and fuel delivery...and it has worked out great. Take a look at my progress report for my mod list...

http://www.lancertuners.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=5977

5. shieldwolf342

shieldwolf342 Well-Known Member

your welcome l2q :)

6. KillzBugzFast

I'm looking for Spark Plug Wires that would really help with better combustion. I'm not too sure whats good out there in that field. I looked up Magnecor Wires on www.HiPowerMotorsports.com but they have Wires that exclude MIVEC. Any helpful suggestions??

7. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

The 4G69 dosen't have plug wires...it uses a coil-on-plug setup. The coils that we have are pretty decent...I think MSD makes aftermarket ones, but they run about 180 each. If you're trying to get a more stable electrical system, use a set of hyperground cables and a coil stabilizer plate. I made my own set of hypergrounds, and I think they work pretty well.

8. Jogenmaru

Have any idea of what you want to do yet? Long term goals/Short term goals??

9. KillzBugzFast

Yeah, I have a bunch of stuff I'm already waiting on, I'll have to set up that "wish/to do" list on here yet. I don't know how to put it up on here though.

10. Jogenmaru

Most people put it in there signature. Goto user control panel under portal then click on profile and then edit signature

11. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT.com! Happy Modding!

12. KillzBugzFast

anyone know quality differences between Megan coil overs vs TEIN coil overs?

13. HiPowerMtrsprts

HiPowerMtrsprts Well-Known Member

14. Jogenmaru

Other than the tein is well known and megan is not. There really isnt too much of a difference. Megans are much stiffer though from what I hear.

15. adam696

adam696 Guest

Hi! Welcome to the forum.its so glad to know you.I hoe you must be enjoying the stay here.