New to Forum from Utah

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by jaycheetwood, Apr 17, 2009.

1. jaycheetwood

jaycheetwood New Member

Hey all, I just bought a 2003 Lancer Evo XIII today.

It has 33000 miles on it.

HKS intercooler.
    HKS intake.
    HKS blow off.
    Boost timer.

And I dont know what else to be honest. And an exhaust but I couldnt find the make.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will start by asking this:

Okay in utah I am at altitude. And i think the dealer put a new cat in. Now when i stop at a light sometimes the idle drops way way low and the oil light comes on then it catches itself and goes back to normal and light goes off. how do i fix this? Do i just need a new tune?

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

First off, welcome to LancerTuners...good looking 8 you picked up. About the idle prob...I know that most of those 4g63 motors do a slight drop after driving (about 450-500rpm)then it picks back up to 750, but they shouldn't drop like that. I can't think of anything right off that would cause that except a vaccuum leak somewhere (maybe). My advice is to call a Mitsu stealership ans see if they can or will tell you anything without charging you a million bucks.

3. zafoam

zafoam Active Member

sweet ride man. honestly you probably want to talk to the mitsubishi dealer first mine had an idle problem turned out it was a recall from the dealer, but i drive just the regular lancer so who knows.

4. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT bud! happy modding! sweet ride!

5. illdietrying

illdietrying Well-Known Member

welcome to LT

6. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

That's a hot car... I think you mean Evo VIII though... XIII is 13... lol

7. jaycheetwood

jaycheetwood New Member

Thanks, I think it needs a new tune haha apparently SFP did this car up. And now its at higher altutudes and has a cat when the car was catless. Also upon talking to others the HKS intake could be an issue to.

Also car has GT30R turbo kit on it. Custom SFP manifolds. Tial waste gate.

8. Shadows

Shadows Well-Known Member

Welcome !!!