New Rims... Problems!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by crazy-alex, Feb 10, 2009.

1. crazy-alex

crazy-alex Active Member

well i installed my rims but to problems... First i broke two of my f**cking Lugs one on each front tire because when i changed my brakes my uncle over tightened the nuts... but well i went bought two more lugs and replaced them it was a b**ch and a half... and when i thought everything was done i have another problem... my low air alarm in my car stays on.... so i need to find out were the sensors for the tires are locatedo(Please Help>>>>)..... and when i took it for a dr5ive the f**king cars steering is all woobily and shaky after i hit 60 so i have to take it to get balanced and to align the tiress...
    please help

2. blacksheep818

blacksheep818 Well-Known Member

the sensor are located on the stock rim.

3. StillChewy

StillChewy Member

So how would one go about disabling or moving the sensor to his new rims? I was just glancing at the thread and realized, Wow, there is a pressure sensor in our wheels.

4. crazy-alex

crazy-alex Active Member

yup i figured that out 10 min after enjoying the new rims.... :(

5. crazy-alex

crazy-alex Active Member

oh i have another issue... for some reason i have the new rims now and i was driving aroung running some errands and i went over i slightly big manhole cover and my rear tire that went on the manhole went straignt into the top metal thing like it bounced... is that normal could it be because i dont have springs??? i have the stock DE

6. blacksheep818

you can swap them out. any tire place can take them out and put in the new rims. i havent done this my self since it s doesn't bug me

7. crazy-alex

crazy-alex Active Member

so i would have to take my old rims to the tire shop with my new ones????

8. blacksheep818

yea nothing to hard to do.

9. crazy-alex

crazy-alex Active Member

does pepboys do that???

10. blacksheep818

i don't see why pepboys wont do it.

you may have just bottom out that could be my only guess but i could be wrong

11. crazy-alex

crazy-alex Active Member

whats bottom out???

12. blacksheep818

bottoming out is when the lowest point of the car hits the ground upon rebound of the car when going over bumps.

13. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

^ scientific lol but well said, yea just go somewhere like a tire shop have them take the tires off the stock rim get the sensors and place them in your new rims, my tire shop did not do that, and i have the light, did not know that was a problem until i sold the stock rims

14. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

If your new rims have the TPMS installed and dont want to deal with taking your old ones out then you can go to Mitsubishi and they can recalibrate the TPMS of the new rims to the computer. You need to do that other wise you will always have the sensor sign going off. FYI i do not recommend using your old TPMS from your old rims to the new ones ONLY IF you changed rim sizes! Cuz if you went from EX. 18's to 20's (like i did) you need to get new ones because the old ones can work but they can be damaged in the process. But if your not then there should be no problem with the TPMS but they can be damage. SO good luck!

Note: Mitsubishi are bitches and we all know that so the prices vary when doing the recalibrating from $40-$75 depends on time and labor.