Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by Redline Screamer, Jun 20, 2010.

1. whats up my name is Kyle, i have a prerunnered out Chevy s-10 and not im looking into selling it and building lancer oz rally. I raelly don't know much about lancers so there will be a lot of dumb questions come from me until I get the learn :) lol first question is i wana get a 2002 and up oz rally but is there any difference in 02 and 03 and so on? Thanks

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT. The 02-03 is the same body style. The 04-07, I believe, also have the same motor in them, except the 04-07's had the Ralliart model that you could buy.

3. cool thanks so far my plans for the car are going to be custom intake, polish the throttle body, header, some pan hard bars, that i might make :/ not sure yet, and a nice sounding cat back or axle back. what would be a good axle back that dosent sound too raspy?

4. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

02-03 model oz rally are the same except wheel tire size. 4g94 engine and return fuel system(no spare tank). Similar body to evo 7. 04-07 all have same wheel size. 4g94 engine. No return fuel system(has a spare tank). Similar body to evo 8/9 and ralliart. All oz rallys from 02-06(im not sure they made an 07) have lower sway bars. Custom intake...easy. don't just polish the throttle body but port it as well. Header i agree, pan hard bars? I guess your talking about the upper sway bars for the front and rear i agree. Cat back....hunk uses the n1 ebay exhaust I believe and it sounds pretty good. I am using roadracemotorsports.com custom exhaust and I haven't actually sat outside and let some drive it until recently and I really love the sound. Its not toooo deep and It no where close to ricey(fart cannon sound you here on mostly honda's). Magnaflow makes a good deep sounding exhaust. I can think of any more at the moment. I am having a brain fart kinda day.

5. is there a DIY on this site on how to port and polish a throttle body? and pan hard bars are upper anti sway bars, and i was also wondering what this is this a resignator??? if so does anyone have a vid. of what it sounds like without it?

[​IMG]

6. 1slowlance

Yes, that's the resonator. Our cars have 2 resonators on stock exhaust, I believe. Either 2 resonators or 2 catalytic converters. One or the other.

7. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

we have two cats, one is our headers and one in the normal spot, and 1 resinator i believe

8. Jogenmaru

We have 2 catalytic convertors and one resonator. That is the picture is a resonator. You don't need it. It sounds much better without it to pass inspection if you get a custom exhaust. On the header is one catalytic convertor. You can't get rid of that one unless you replace the whole thing. After the downpipe is another catalytic converter. And the one in the picture is your resonator. Most ppl do a custom header, remove the second catalytic convertor and replace it with a straight pipe design and go custom exhaust from there eliminating the resonator all together. Make sure it is legal in your state b4 you put a straight pipe on it. I know in california it is illegal for emissions reasons.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  9. 1slowlance

I don't think a straight pipe is legal in any state. I could be wrong though.

10. timschoeliertm

its illegal in all states i think, but i know some places you can get away with it, like fl, theres no inspection, so you can get away with it, at least it use to be like that

11. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

it is illegal and it usually says it with "for race use only"

Welcome and post pics, we like pics...

12. sweet that helps a lot, so ill prob. just put a straight pipe where the resinator is.. im not too woried about it being loud my truck is a 4.3 with a larger y pipe pre cat taken out and a free flow cat with an exhaust cut out :) lol

13. no problem.

14. ive been checking out a bunch oh exhaust vids. on Google and i like the N1 exhaust. do they sell axle backs as well as cat backs? if so where can i get one? thanks

15. Jogenmaru

catbacks only to my knowledge. and ebay is where you get it....lol go figure right?

16. ya sounds about right there kinda pricy so i might just get the muffler and have the local exhaust shop quote me on a price for the rest of the cat back im sure it will be cheep :\

17. Jogenmaru

18. timschoeliertm

+1 every jog just said

19. dam thats cheep if i had the car id definitely buy it but are they always this cheep? or around that price?

20. Jogenmaru

NOPE! These don't include shipping. Magnaflow $500, Greddy $450, RoadRaceMotorsports $399. The name brand ones range around the $500 marker. N1 is popular but it's ebay brand and not name brand. All of them do the general same thing just different tone.