New Member! Gimme a shout out!

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by Rausch, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Rausch

Rausch Active Member

How's it going guys, name's Mayson. In the western new york area. Just bought a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution O.Z. Rally Edition. 5 speed 2.0L. I do believe its a 4g93?

I'm not new to forums so I'll do my best not to bother you guys with dumb questions, but please feel free to drop me informational links for my model, or any common issues or anything like that.

For now the plan is to clean it up damn nice, keep it stock as possible and go from there!

As of right now I'm going to figure out why the shifter feels sloppy/sticky, maybe new bushings are in order? Also I got a valve cover gasket kit ready to be put on and a top end tune up!!

I'll post up pictures when I go pick it up tomorrow. Lets hear from some of you guys and hopefully this will be a nice project.

2. Rausch

Rausch Active Member

3. SilentCool

SilentCool Well-Known Member

Looks pretty clean, welcome to the forum. Nice touch on the seats. I haven't been here very long but I can tell you that a tune up is definitely a great start. When I got my 03 ES that was one if the first things I did. What's the mileage on the car?

4. Rausch

Rausch Active Member

150k when I got it. Switching to synthetic, wix filters, going to keep it very stock. I take very good care of my cars. I already talked to a print shop to get the oz decals for the rims, going to restore them. Also went to an upholstry shop to get my seats restored, not sure when im going in to do that.

5. SilentCool

That's great, nothing wrong with that. Let us know how everything is shaping up. I'm at 141k now, got my car at 135k. So far I have done some front end work; Control Arms, Inner & Outer Tie Rod Ends & front wheel bearings. Also did front brakes and rear drums. Next I'm doing my sway bar links. Oil pan gasket right after. Just getting her running as clean & smooth as possible(almost as if she's just coming off the dealership lot)...lol.

Where are you getting the interior work done & how much is it costing? Seems like it would cost some $$

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  6. Rausch

Rausch Active Member

I live in western NY. (To hell with this polar vortex shit) so there's a place not far from buffalo NY that's going to do it. And I'm not too worried about the price. Other than getting the interior mint, its getting some rust, I know the rear passenger rocker is going to have to be replaced, but the minor body rust on going to bring out, POR-15 and I know a place that mixes OEM paint in aerosol cans. But the rust under the car is what worries me, hoping it won't be to bad after winter that I can't fix it. So far incoming in the mail is my top end tune up, optima red top, LED's for the interior and hatch dome light and licence plate lights, and a VG for the rear of the roof. Going to order the DDM tuning HID kit after I figure out exactly what one I need, pretty sure from looking around the forum its going to be a 9007 hi/lo kit, but I don't know if I need the "trick" box or not.

7. SilentCool

I know what you mean, I'm in NY myself. This weather is insane!

I know about dealing with rust, my previous car had a lot of rust issues but I had to deal with it. Didn't have a choice, eventually I got rid of it though but I loved every moment of that car. It was a 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage. I would like to see how the interior work comes out though, I'm guessing you're waiting till spring to get the work done?

8. Rausch

Rausch Active Member

Yeah mostly. I currently work 6pm to 7am so its hard for me to find a ride to work, but soon I'll have a slight shift change that's going to make things easier. Just got my oil filter, seems pretty small but then again haha. And the whole reasons I got this car is because I have a 1990 Honda crx that I just got done driving through the last blizzard, no heat, no wipers, manual steering and brakes. Haha having heat is a god send.

9. Rausch

Rausch Active Member

Bahaha I'm going to bump my own thread again. So when its super cold, as its been lately. When I first start up the car it will take a second, as I expect. But while its in its warm up phase its idles sporadically and the electrical system will fluctuate with the rpms, even the battery light will come on and flicker, after its warm it is all fine. I'm going to go through the charge system and make sure its working properly. Alternator, battery, voltage regulator, grounds. This is becoming a "dear diary" for my lancer in ways.

10. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT. Always good to see someone rescue an older Lancer that needs some love. There is a lot of good info here on the forum, but feel free to ask any questions you may have...even if it seems redundant. We here on LT strive to help others and share our knowledge instead of bash and put down new members. Be sure to start a progress thread and keep us all updated

11. Rausch

Rausch Active Member

Will do once I really get into it. Today I installed my led dome lights. Very nice white and bright. Just ordered an alternator as well. 80 amp. Should be good to go.