!!!!!!!!NEW!!!!! MAGNAFLOW FULL CATBACK FOR NONCALI!!!!!!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by RALLIART, Mar 24, 2008.

1. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

Ok, ok, some of you may already know this but Injen has decided to only release thier exhaust for cali spec cars only and axle back for other states, this whole deal made me so mad, that i was actually going to punch someone out!!.

Not to worry, also some may already know this but MagnaFlow is releasing a Catback sometime soon. I hope that david at speed corps reads this and will start working with them for some deals, I already had money ready for the injen exhaust when i read the sad news.

@ David Speed Corps...what do you think!?

PRICE: $693.81
    YEAR: 2008
    PART #: 16822
    DESCRIPTION: Coming Soon...
    Lancer
    2.0L I-4
    SOUND CLIP: No Media Clips Available
    DYNO SHEET: Dyno Results
    INSTALLATION: Install Sheet
    MAGAZINE ARTICLES: No Articles available
    CHECK INVENTORY: Check Availability
    All Stainless Steel, Mandrel-Bent, Cat-Back Exhaust System With A Polished Stainless Steel Tip.

2. ChokingChicken

ChokingChicken Well-Known Member

nice! that'll be sweet

3. crypto

crypto Well-Known Member

yeh we have been aware of this exhaust for some time now. However there won't be a definite release date announced until another 6 weeks or so. Also magnaflow still haven't decided if it is gonna be a full exhaust, or just an axle-back. So don't build your hopes up

4. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

damn, this whole ordeal with calispec and federal spec is really pissing me off, I would actually prefer a magnaflow catback then injen.

I wonder how other companies are going to handle this situation.

Can anyone explain how the different specs bolt on differently??

5. testpilotx15

testpilotx15 Well-Known Member

I don't understand why that bothers anyone so much, the injen is a full exhaust, header back so it'll fit all cars, regardless if they're cali or fed spec, and they're high flow cats so you're not losing a noticeable amount of power.

6. chetman7

if ur implying that the injen exhaust will fit both fed and pzev, you are wrong, According to speedcorps..injens ses will only fit PZEV

7. testpilotx15

testpilotx15 Well-Known Member

** This exhaust is designed to fit California model Lancers only. However the exhaust can be modified to fit any other 08 Lancers. Please email me for details

Straight form Speed Corps website

8. chetman7

ooo ...didn't see that.... thats pretty cool. so I guess it can work the other way around , fed catback can be modded to fit a cali spec.

good to hear

9. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

Yeap I ordered the headerback.

Called Injen talked with their mechanic and talked to david a little about this issue too.

I have a FED so I guess I will be the first to have a Injen Headerback on a fed car. All that needs to be done is I will take it to the muffler shop, have them weld on about a foot of piping maybe less and thats it! :)

10. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

remember to take pics where the extra pipe was welded onto, since i am also thinking about getting that exhaust

11. RedStar

Yeah I am still going through with this because first of all I love the burned end tip that injen has, 2nd it’s a header back and not just an axle back so that’s another +1, and 3rd because of the nice discount I got! :D

So I will keep this bad boy and install it. And yeap accurse take pictures :D

12. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

So perhaps this has been discussed but did Injen only drop the Fed-Spec idea because no Fed-Spec's were available for them to mess with and fondle?

The catback that Kru and I have from them is obviously the proto-type but i know they got this product out because they AT LEAST had a car to mess with.

13. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

Yes please make sure you got pics. Because it was disappointing to find out it was only for cali spec. I got no problems doing the little mod to make it fit.

If not i might look into this magnaflow... if it's going to be a full exhaust.

14. RedStar

Yeah i concidered canceling and going for the magnaflow but after seeing how that one looks i think that the injen is alot more aggressive and more my style.

15. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

if injen wants a fed spec ill send them mine lol, but seriusoly i would

16. RedStar

I would too :D

Id even let them put more than an exhaust on it lol

17. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

.yea no shit,if they need two ill give them my car too.

18. Redline1

we should write them, ill drive to cali for a week and chill with all the so cal lancers lol

19. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

come on down. 8)

20. Redline1

would really like to i think it would be fun just couldnt affored it