new lancer owner

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by aTm beaner, Mar 24, 2009.

1. aTm beaner

aTm beaner Well-Known Member

hey guys,

i'm new to this site and i wanted to introduce myself. i got my wife a new 2009 black lancer ES sport with the 5 speed. she's been loving it more every day. my daily driver is a 2005 Ford Focus ST.

2. illdietrying

illdietrying Well-Known Member

welcome to LT

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Welcome to the LT family. Are you planning to mod or leave it alone?

4. Mitsuman+03

Mitsuman+03 Well-Known Member

Welcome To LT.
    Its a great sit with lots of info!

5. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

Welcone to LT bud! happy modding!

6. aTm beaner

i plan on modding the car. i traded in her Outlander to get the Lancer so I'm going to have some money coming back after I cancel the extended warranty on her old SUV. i was thinking of getting the Works power package that includes the filter and the axle-back. she wants her car to sound a little meaner, but not like a ricer. should this help out in that area?

7. leeminho86

leeminho86 Well-Known Member

Can't go wrong with the works, although some complain the axleback is just a straight pipe so a little louder than most want. IMO it sounds pretty mean, and with just a drop in filter that's easy maintenance and less hassle from the stealership. Another company to look at is RRM, they have a Magnaflow axleback and also a short ram intake.

8. aTm beaner

yeah, i saw the RRM kit. the thing i like about the Works is that the filter and the exhaust come out cheaper than the RRM kit. i was also thinking of changing out the suspension, but I could do that much later.

9. leeminho86

leeminho86 Well-Known Member

Yeah, you can always youtube some videos of the Works axleback and see if you like it, if so go with the works package or you can piece it together like the RRM axleback and another drop-in filter.

10. hoygagoka

hoygagoka Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT. Like previously stated, you can't go wrong with anything WORKS or a drop in filter

11. aTm beaner

i posted new pictures of my wife's car. it's in the progress report section. thanks...

12. Shadows

Shadows Well-Known Member

Hi & Welcome to LT :p :p