New Lancer Owner

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by ItsJordan, Mar 26, 2008.

1. ItsJordan

ItsJordan Well-Known Member

Helllllo all. I just got a new 2008 Lancer. I am a real noob when it comes to cars, but I was interested in modifying my lancer as soon as I got it. I think I have come to the right place.

**Will post pics as soon as I take them.

2. Milagro

Milagro Well-Known Member

Welcome.

just be warned it's addictive!

:)

3. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

+1!

I was just going to buy a cheap underglow kit, I ended up getting the most expensive one, strobe lights, short ram intake, big wire loom kit and custom paint for my engine... haha.

And now I wanna do MORE but I'm broke... be prepared to spend lots of $$$ because it really is addicting!

4. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

5. ItsJordan

Haha well I have not even done anything and am itching to get started, but there is a small problem. I seriously am a car idiot. I know nothing. Is there a thread or a video or something that can give me the heads up on what exactly can be modified and how, such as lights, kits, body kits, etc....

6. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT and congrats on the Lancer...post pics, we like pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. kennyjai

kennyjai Well-Known Member

dont worry you came to the right place =D and yesss ur wallet is gonna hurt =S... hahah but its all good ... good place to start, try going through forums you'll get alot of info there !!!

8. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT and we love photos, it's our moto.

9. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

welcome to the site-

10. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

welcome...i know this one hit me hard the last time, but try going to the tutorial links on the left where it says modules...you'll find some usefull stuff there..

11. ItsJordan

Well Here is my car, dont be in too much shock and awe but my car is......all stock lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also if you have any must change or must mod type things you think I should do please pm me, I would love to know.[/img]

12. sirelancer

sirelancer Well-Known Member

congrats on the buy man, loving the red

13. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

start off by taking off the dealership logo :p just my opinion though ;)

14. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

^ +1

dealer logo = BOOOO! I hate it when they do that

15. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

I'm glad there's no dealer logo on my car!!

BTW, I love that you got the airplane on your windshield reflection ;)

16. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

nice choice of color!!and if your into the stock look,rather than bodykits,get the GTS lip kit,and spoiler.....SHARK FIN ANTENNA TOO.

17. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Cool, fast key and a trunk lip...diggin that!!!

18. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

oh snap!i didnt see that trunk lip,screw the gts spoiler and just get the front splitters and sides.

19. ItsJordan

No I am definitely going to look into getting a body kit. First I think I am going to buy a few things to boost my performance and yes getting the shark fin antenna is a must.

Tomorrow I am also going to try and remove the dealership logo. I looked around for some tutorials on how, but did not find any on the forums. So I am going to google it up till I find one.

20. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

Removing logos is easy bud

Here is the quick 411

step 1: Heat it up with a blow dryer or a heat gun
    step 2: Take some fishing line and start pulling it into the logo and then mov eit back and forth to cut through
    step 3: Now your logos are gone, if you have any good left use ur thumb to rub them off. If you have anymore left use something like "Goo Gone"

most important though if you will use goo gone make sure its not goo off! Because that can take off the clearcoat and stuff.

I took emblems off my trunk, took about 5min per emlbem, its very fast to take them off. Just the goo is a pain in the butt to take off.