New Lancer in Uk...Turbocharged diesel

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Texas Aggie, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

2. evoracer

evoracer Well-Known Member

0-60 in 10 sec....pfft

3. lancermike

lancermike Well-Known Member

and its 6 gears

4. kennyjai

kennyjai Well-Known Member

pretty cool! i know our car lacks a 6th gear lol

5. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

well if its doing 0-60 in 10 seconds, it MIGHT do the 1/4 mile in less than a minute... not sure on that one

:roll:

6. FlyingFrenchman

FlyingFrenchman Active Member

It has 141 BHP and 131 lb-ft of torque, worst than PZEV cars. That explains the 9.7 sec. for 0 to 62 (that is 0 to 100 km, since Europe uses metric figures). Although, I find that surprising, given that turbodiesel engines usually develop way more torque than HPs.

7. Invincible

Invincible Well-Known Member

this will be much better than the 2.0 petrol, yes its a diesel but it has lots of torque and with a computer chip and a couple of other mods this thing will be close to 200 hp, and 6-speed option is very nice over the cvt or 5-speed

8. stronz73

stronz73 Well-Known Member

Well my gts has CVT and its a 6 speed or so the screen says when i shift with my paddle shifters. :wink:

9. lancermike

lancermike Well-Known Member

dont forget guys its diesel so u can run it on old french fry oil hahahahaha

10. sunstealth

sunstealth Well-Known Member

do you think the transmission of those cars would fit in our 2.0L lancers ? if they do it might be a good mismatch taking the syncro from the current trans to keep the same ratio and then add the 6th gear from those cars (all in the 6 gear housing, i know such thing can be done in a matrix XRS, dont see why it couldnt in our cars)