New Intake Setup

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by vik2rius, Jan 22, 2009.

1. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

never seen it set up like that before...but it can't be that hard to do

3. vik2rius

does anybody know what kind of filter is that????

4. hanger747

hanger747 Member

vik2rius,

That is a 2008 Lancer 1.5 litre (1500cc) version using a Simota Carbon Charger air filter. You can do something similar with the 2.0 Lancer, but the angle of the intake is different on both engines.

If you look closely you will see that the 1.5 litre intake is horizontal to the ground, whereas the 2.0 litre version is at approximately 45 degrees from horizontal. So you can do something similar, but bear in mind that the size of the 2.0 litre engine is wider than the 2.0 litre version.

5. vik2rius

i thought it was cuz the engine is so small then i realize that mitsu made some 1.5L in some countries...
    thanks for letting me know and thanks for the info on the filter...but do you know where i can get one of those?...i tried the setup sometime ago and its possible to do...

6. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

thing look like a turbine engine..

Isn't the 1.5 in singappore a turbo diesel??

7. hanger747

hanger747 Member

chetman7,

Nope, its not a turbo diesel mate, its a petrol engine!!!

Unfortunately diesel engines in Singapore are taxed at a higher rate for private cars, so ery few, if any people purchase them. The only diesels we have here are for public transport and commercial vehicles.

The excuse given is that they cause more pollution than petrol vehicles, however, the latest diesel engines from VW and BMW are under test here in SIngapore and are actually far cleaner than petrol engines. The biggest issue we have here is that the sulphur content is a lot higher in the diesel that is used than that of Europe, and that is causing some issues, but both VW and BMW are on record as saying its not insurmountable.

8. hanger747

hanger747 Member

Vik2rius,

I will ask around and get you a price. Not sure what the shipping will be, but if you are still interested, we can sort something out. Will let you know after the weekend once I have a chance to get out to the workshops.