New from Raleigh, NC

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by Ehcarroll22, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Ehcarroll22

Ehcarroll22 Member

Hey everyone!
    I'm new here and already feel at home.

I have a 2003 lancer Ls. She is still 100% basic. I have had her for about 10 months now and want to do some major modifications, but have no idea where to start. I will post pics later on.

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Well, welcome to LT first off. When you say major modifications, what ideas do you have in mind? People's ideas of "major" modifications always differ from one to the other. Someone may think that a full exhaust system wouold be considered a major change...but other may not think so.

If youre just starting out, I would suggest the usual basic bolt-ons to start out with. Intake, exhaust (catback, axle back, or full custom), performance plugs/wires. Those are the basic things that most people start with. If that isn't what suits you, you could go with porting and polishing the throttle body and intake manifold, cam swap, ECU tuning, and bigger fuel injectors...along with the basic bolt ons.

As for the actual "feel" of the car...lowering springs/ performance shocks and struts, shifter bushings (poly or full metal), short shifter, polyurethane engine mounts, strut tower bars, better seats, etc. These will make the car more rigid and make you feel more connected to the car and you can actually feel what the car is doing.

Cosmetic stuff is simply in your tastes. HID kits, wheels, window tint, tail lights,, headlights, and everything like that is completely what YOU like and what YOU think looks good. Ohters will give their opinion on everything...but its you that has to see it and be happy with what you've done.

Hope this gives you a bit of a starting point and gets the ball rolling on ideas. Let us know if you need anything else, and be sure to post up some pictures of your progress as you move on.

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Dang. You said everything short of the frowned upon mod. Turbo. But everything l2q said. And welcome also

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

4. Ehcarroll22

Ehcarroll22 Member

photo.jpg photo(1).jpg
    Here are a few photo's from today. I decided to plasti-dip my wheels black for now.

5. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Can't decide if I like it or not. I have odd tastes though. haha

6. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I like it. Stock wheels look good. Amber side markers doe. I love mine still, even though I've kind of fallen off the modding wagon on my Lancer.

7. Ehcarroll22

Ehcarroll22 Member

I Went ahead and dipped the grill black so it matches the wheels. My next step is to find some black head lights, taillights, a spoiler and a vortex generator all for lower prices. photo(5).jpg
    I'm on a college student budget lol.

8. 1slowlance

I've got a GG vortex generator. Took it off this past week.

9. Ehcarroll22

Ehcarroll22 Member

Really? how much would you be willing to sell it for?

10. 1slowlance

Probably pretty cheap. Let me get some pictures of it for you and pm you.