New Exhaust???

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by 09gtsguy, Nov 17, 2008.

1. 09gtsguy

09gtsguy Active Member

hey guys i really want the sound of the Greddy Ti-C, or the HKS, but i want the look of either the magnaflow muffler (rrm), or the works straight pipe.
    anybody have any suggestions?
    i just hate the look of those huge can mufflers stickin out.

2. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

The magnaflow muffler is fking ugly...

3. 09gtsguy

09gtsguy Active Member

i dont care what the muffler looks ike, i just want to see the tip that comes out.

4. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

i agree...but that's just my opinion. its your ride, so do with it what you will...if anyone gives you crap about it, kick them in the head

5. MonChi

MonChi Well-Known Member

i agree i think the magnaflow is ugly for my prefrence but i won't knock anyone elses likes it your car do what u like for your self but in my experience magnaflow has a nice rumble at high rpm nothing really at low rpm just a better tone than stock nothing like greddy or hks is they stay loud and nice depending on the setup and get screaming at high rpm but again it is what ever you are looking for and what every you can stand to here. good luck

6. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Borla makes some decent looking mufflers with nice tips. You could pick one of those up and have it welded in. I used to have one on my old car and the tone was deep and just perfect. Didn't sound ricey or like a bumble bee.

7. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

Buy the muffler, tip, and option resonator say from magnaflow or borla and have an exhaust shop fit it to your car. That's what my plan is and as of right now it's looking to be less than an axel-back from greddy or injen.

8. 09gtsguy

09gtsguy Active Member

what would the performance be on sometthing like that, 4 or 5 hp, or does it depend on how stright the sho pmakes the pipe?

9. BlueDevilLancer

if you made the exhaust a straight pipe then yea you'd probably see an increase in hp. this means that the muffler will be parallel with the car rather than perpendicular like the stock one. at the most you'll see close to 10 but it'll vary depending if you keep the stock pipe size or increase it to say 2.25" or 2.5".

10. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

And just so you know, numerous test have shown that the oval shaped mufflers showed a higher hp than the cannister style.

11. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

actually with straight pipe on our cars you will lose hp with the lack of back pressure

12. BlueDevilLancer

I've heard different from other forums but i will take that into account. Thanks

13. 09gtsguy

09gtsguy Active Member

yeah, ive heard that too, but in my case i want an oval, and maybe even shorten the hangers to tuck it up under the body.
    like i said before i dont want a fat can hangin out.
    thanks!

14. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

Don't go shortening the hangers. There have been many reports, not just Greddy, of exhausts melting the rear. If you don't want a fart can/potatoe launcher, then get a different tip welded on, or go custom.