New 09 Lancer GTS owner from Columbus, OH

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by soldier7duece, Feb 15, 2009.

1. soldier7duece

soldier7duece Member

Hello everyone, I just traded my 02 Acura RSX Type-S (I still love that car) toward my new Lancer. I hope to use the experience and knowledge you guys post on this site in the care and maintenence of my new baby. I do have one question, usually when new cars come out if something goes wrong for one person usually it happens to a lot of cars. Are there and common defects that have happened to a good number of cars I should at least watch out for? Not nessecarily recalls but just little things a lot of people have had to take to the dealer to get fixed? Thanks again, great to be on board!

2. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

alot of people have paint issues, paint chip, and just it scratches easy. Welcome to the mitsu community!

3. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

Welcome!
    I would have stayed with the '02 Acura RSX... lol

4. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

^^ Ditto LOL

Welcome to LT!! Pictures are mandatory and you must add at least 3 mods to it. :lol:

Only real issues are the paint, the stock tires are pretty much impossible to use in snow, annnd I think that's it really.

5. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

i have seen that a few people had probs with their car pulling to the left... i have noticed it with mine... it's not that bad tho
    welcome to LT bud! happy modding!

6. GiveMeEvo

GiveMeEvo Active Member

Over all no real problems with these cars and welcome

7. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

mine also pulls left very slightly, but i think its cause i havent taken the car for alignment after installing lowering springs....another fault i read in this thread is that around 20k miles it starts leaking oil through the crankshaft pully...welcome to LT!!

8. soldier7duece

soldier7duece Member

Thanks for the heads up and warm welcome. Yeah, I still miss my RSX but it was pushin 100k and my trade value would have seriously dropped once It hit that. One good thing is there is a shop here in Columbus Ohio that specializes in lancers and evo's. My first mods will be window tinting and a possible SRI. I'll keep a close eye on my paint and the alignment. Only complaint I have so far is the cheapy feeling interior but I guess I was spoiled by Acura on that one. Thanks again.

9. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Welcome, one more thing to add to the list, I dont know if its an issue with the 09s but my window tint is severely scratched. It happens over time and really only depends how often you open and close your windows. Moleskin is offered on a couple of sites including ebay, this should fix the issue, and some tinting places will carry moleskin as well.

10. skullpr

well mines a 09 as well but the scratches on my tint are because of the upper rubber instead of the bottom one where the moleskin is applied to...

11. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

What do you mean by upper rubber instead of bottom one? Are you talking about the top of the window where the window closes?

12. soldier7duece

soldier7duece Member

Cool, I'll check into the moleskin before tinting. Skullpr, I love the look of your front bumper. I really want to do something similar. Did you paint it black or use Vinyl? And where did you get the chrome edging?

13. skullpr

yes thats exactly what i was referring to...

i went with vinyl overlay...got the chrome trim from pepboys...its 1/4 inch thick...

14. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Hmm, dont really know if mine scratches from that, when I open my windows I always open them all the way down, so I havent paid attention if they are scratched differently at top. I guess I will find out when I get me car retinted hopefully soon. I found a place here in Houston that will tint it for $75 and give a lifetime warranty.

15. skullpr

reason i say this is that my tints only have the edge scratched up...other than the top edge its all good...

16. illdietrying

illdietrying Well-Known Member

welcome to LT

17. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard! Only problem I've had is the pulling to the left and the paint...I have sections of paint around the windows chipping off. Looks a lot like my dad's truck, which is 13 YEARS OLD!