New 09 GTS owner from NYC *Updated*

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by RicanLancer, Jan 14, 2009.

1. RicanLancer

RicanLancer Well-Known Member

Hey guys/gals....I just bought an 09 Tarmac Black Lancer GTS CVT last week (Jan 5th to be exact). I've been reading up on mod ideas recently, and now that I have some pics of the car I figured I'd introduce myself.

I traded in my 97 Tiburon (which apparently was sold less than 24 hrs later) to pick up the Lancer
    Tiburon:
    [​IMG]

And here are some pics of my new Lancer. :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Currently the car is stock. Came with the Sun & Sound, Navigation/HDD and Touring Packages (includes the auto-on HIDs, rain-sensing wipers, and stability control).

I'm currently leasing the car (hoping to be able to swap it in for an Evo/Ralliart at the end of my lease) so I'm not trying to modify the car with anything that's not so easily undone. Here are some ideas I have for mods:

LED lights (map lights, reverse lights, license plate)
    Xenon DRLs
    Xenon/color fog lights (not sure which yet)
    Side-mounted license plate mount (already in the mail on its way)
    35% smoke on taillights (will that negate the LED reverse light? dunno...)
    Vortex generator (currently undergoing customization due to the Siruis radio antenna)
    Mugen style window guards (shipping with Vortex Generator)
    Full eyelids for the front (shipping with Vortex Generator)
    35% window tints w/ moleskin installation
    Red vinyls for Mitsu logos (front, rear)
    Hella air-horns (God I hate the stock horn. haha)

Annddd that's all I can think of for now. I want to get rid of that damn shift knob but I've read there aren't really any good aftermarket replacements....at least not any that don't require some modification to install. :x

Added Mugen-style window guards, eyelids, license plate mount, & vortex generator last week (don't mind the salt, the car is clean now):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

Re: New 09 GTS owner from NYC

Welcome to the forums, the pics are not showing for me...

3. RicanLancer

Sorry about that; re-uploaded the pics. They should work now.

4. cramm

cramm Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT..

I want those projectors.. You might consider getting the shark fin antenna rather than the vortex generator. I think the vortex generator are just overkill with our n/a car. :D

5. RicanLancer

I wanted to get the shark fin, but according to their website it doesn't fit on Lancers that have the satellite radio antenna; it's bigger than the average antenna.

The VG might be a bit overkill, but I've seen it on a few cars and it looks pretty nice. The pic below has the exact same vortex generator and window guards that I ordered, just to give ya an idea.

[​IMG]

6. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

try HID's instead of the Xenon's... I know you're trying to be conservative because of the lease but HID's as well as a SRI is a quick swap and easy change-out!

7. cramm

cramm Well-Known Member

The VG(fins) on that pic is more bigger than the one I saw. I like that one instead of the smaller VG (fins)

Pics taken from evolutionm.net - Username: XxLaNcErGTSxX

[​IMG]

8. RicanLancer

Yea instead of being a set of small pieces glued to the roof, it's one whole piece that you slide over the antenna and attach with 3M adhesive strips. I believe they're made by the guy that owns the silver Lancer that I posted above, since I'm buying it directly from him and he's customizing it for me. He's located in Singapore.

Here's another pic of it close up:
    [​IMG]
    (Should I be crediting where this pic came from? Don't want to seem like I'm spamming.)

The hole is meant specifically for that type of antenna. If you look at XxLaNcErGTSxX's car above, you'll notice the base of his antenna is much larger, just like mine. That's what makes the shark fin not fit either. :x

As for the HID fogs...I've never installed HIDs before. I know there's a write-up on here for how to do it...looks like it's not so hard but I'm not sure if it just looks easier than it actually is. lol. Gonna think about it though...

9. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

HID's are a direct plug and play. Instructions are simple enough when you get them. If not theres a ton of youtube how to's out there. Great investment if you're looking to swap out the factory light bulbs

10. illdietrying

illdietrying Well-Known Member

welcome to LT

11. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

12. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Welcome man, we hope to get a MA, CT and NY meet in the spring keep active!

13. RicanLancer

you referring to the one planned for VA beach or a different one?

14. PogiAko

PogiAko Well-Known Member

nice car man. i like! i have the same lancer as yours, fully loaded. im from queens, ny. hit me up if you wanna meet up.

15. Shadows

Shadows Well-Known Member

16. RicanLancer

^^added 3 pics up top

17. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

looks like it's starting to come together! looking sick bud!

18. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

welcome to LT!

19. dcobeo7931

dcobeo7931 Well-Known Member

welcome to the site!!!!!!