Need help selecting a turbo

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by WhiteKnight10, Aug 17, 2009.

1. WhiteKnight10

WhiteKnight10 Member

hey guys

i just bought a Lancer GTS (CVT). i was thinking about adding a turbo in addition to some exterior changes. my price limit is about 3000 dollars. i just need a good recomendation on what would best fit my engine for the long term. i dont want to screw anything up. if you could give me the hp increase its specs that would be great.

2. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

3. WhiteKnight10

WhiteKnight10 Member

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/stor ... cts_id=376

i know its an evo turbo but would it fit my engine? im sort of new to the whole tuning thing so can you give me a general idea of what all i need?

thanks for the help up there^^ thats why i came to this site, quick/helpful advice

4. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

no. $3k is a really tight budget for turbo. save your money and wait! You will regret it otherwise.

5. BringDownTheSky

BringDownTheSky Well-Known Member

3k for the turbo itself? or the whole turbo kit?

6. WhiteKnight10

WhiteKnight10 Member

well lets just forget the price i said then. for a complete turbo kit that i wont have to worry about once its installed how much are we looking at. i would rather spend the money then short myself and screw the motor.

7. Mpitera

Mpitera Well-Known Member

I would contact RRM, I believe they have a Turbo kit for the CVT modle but they are looking for someone to try it on. Maybe that could be youu.

8. vmo91

vmo91 Well-Known Member

over on project, sketch has a successfull cvt turbo, and he has alochol injection as well, i dk his psi but its a kit in the Philippines,
    i would say for such a tight budget try to buy a used ralliart turbo of a ralliart owner who upgraded to an evo i've seen that pushing good numbers and a cvt owner is working on it

9. WhiteKnight10

WhiteKnight10 Member

Would an evo x turbo kit fit my engine?

10. Hydrolikz

Hydrolikz Well-Known Member

It should fit, but would probably be too much for the CVT to handle.

11. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

I'd be careful about that. I don't know how much you know about turbo's but if it's not a lot.. I wouldn't even install it yourself. I've heard some people have tried boosting a CVT but they've blown their engines or their trannys. In my opinion.. Screw performance. It's a 150-160 hp car with a transmission built for gas mileage. Save up money and get a Ralliart or an Evo.

12. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

With the right tuning you can use it and it bolts straight up

13. EngRWW33

you would be better off with the ralliart's turbo.

14. WhiteKnight10

WhiteKnight10 Member

ive been looking for a ralliart turbo but i cant find one anywhere... isnt the ralliart a 2.0L though? will that affect its performance on mine.

15. EngRWW33

^^The evo is 2.0l as well. The displacement makes no difference. It is a smaller turbo so it will spool better in our cars, especially the 2.4l. Also, you won't be pushing 20+ psi, so you will not maxing out the turbo in any way. A lot of ralliart guys will be swapping their turbos for evo turbos so keep your eyes open. They will be available.

16. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

If you're looking for a RA turbo you should probably get on EvoM or something. Post up a WTB.