need help before purchase

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by kdoty1986, Apr 10, 2011.

1. kdoty1986

kdoty1986 New Member

hey im looking to trade in my 05 Subaru Legacy gt turbo for a 08 Lancer gts 5 Spd. w/ nav, I know that the lancer is no where near as nice interior wise or as fast as the subaru but the subaru is killing me on gas. Its a 18 gallon tank and i get 300 miles to a tank and like 17 mpg. Can anyone tell me what there avg gas mileage is on the 2.0 gts with the 5 spd. Also will i be happy with this one i do drive quite a bit with my job.

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Dude! 300 miles to the tank. That is awesome. I only get 287 to a tank and Im not turbo. I drive an 03 Lancer. I will get 457 a tank if I take a trip somewhere. Now if that was 200 miles a tank then i would be concerned.....wait nevermind...you said 18 gln tank. That is kinda bad. The lancer gts is a 14 gallon tank i believe and gets anywhere to 275-325 a tank depending on mods and your driving. Its also a 2.4 liter engine which is more than the evo or lancer of that generation. I think its actually the largest sedan engine mitsu offers for all generations. I say go for it. And you will be able to turbo it later on down the line if you want as well.

3. kdoty1986

kdoty1986 New Member

in 09 is when they started doing the gts with the 2.4 litre 4 cyl with 174 hp in 08 all of them had the 2.0 4cyl with i believe 152 hp. It rated at 29 hwy and i usually do better on a manual car. My cobalt ss was rated at like 27 on the hwy i got like 37 out of it

4. kdoty1986

kdoty1986 New Member

btw i sold mitsubishi for almost a year.

5. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

When i had mine i was getting 28-30 with city/highway driving and had a 08 gts... all highway I would get 35-38 depending how heavy my foot was that day.