n00b!

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by Darky, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Darky

Darky New Member

Hey. Name is Noah, I'm 25 yrs young and I'm a machinist. I own a 2000 GTX and 2003 lancer ES 5spd. I had a different name on here, but forgot the password, so I just made another name. About 3 years ago I lost my license for just shy of 2 years and just got it back in June. During that time I had pulled the motor and decided to do some mods, so I ordered the cam kit from RRM and solid motor mounts and I already had OBX header and cat delete/test pipe with a greddy cat back. I ended up cutting it short.. I was in a position to get a jump on a project I've been wanting to do for a while which is lightning swapped expedition. So I ordered another motor for the lancer, so I can slowly build the other slowly over time. I got it all bolted up and running. 30 minutes into the initial startup, I notice it smoking something fierce, so I shut it off, pop the oil cap and see milky substance, but it is straight water and the coolant was fine and car never overheated. I flushed it twice, filled it back up, drove it around the block and back in the garage and boom, foamy as all hell. I've gone through everything in my head. Only thing I can think of was that I should have put some sealant on the headbolts and its coming thru the water jacket? Idk. I'm kinda bummed at it. Anyways, thanks for your time, sorry about the long post. Some pics of my car..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And my other project :D
    [​IMG]

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Looks nice. I kinda remember you from before. I had those rims, or the off-brand of those rims, a long time ago.

3. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

welcome to the LT! good lookin ride!

4. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Welcome!

5. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT!