N/A Question

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Texas Aggie, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

If I were to skip getting a turbo and went with headers, intake, exhaust, and ECU...what kind of HP could I expect to get?

2. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

maybe a 1/4 of the amount of horsepower you would get from a turbo.im guessing so dont take me seriously.

3. Texas Aggie

i'm looking to get HP all the time, but just when a turbo kicks in ya know? besides, from what I've heard the turbo will be 4k to 5k and I think I could get NA parts for about 1500...

4. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

true man,i want that turbo too,but i dont have that kind of money either.i bet you can get all what you want with 1500.some of it might be custom like the exhaust,but ive only got rrm pulley$127,mazda sri$30,custom axle back$90,ince i get the header$440?,piggy$???

5. ChokingChicken

ChokingChicken Well-Known Member

Start savin :lol:

6. Texas Aggie

and if i was going for turbo, i think getting a RA would be better cuz of the possible price RRM may give their turbo....

what you think? if u wanna go turbo the RA would prolly be cheaper

7. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

the good thing with N/A is that you will have power instantly, you wont have to wait for a turbo to spool up or anything like that. N/A cars have the advantage of having power instantly.

8. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

yo im shifting to turbo when it comes outs...kind a hard to get the RA if you gonna do monthly again + ur insurance gonna go sky high and ur warranty is much limited

9. Texas Aggie

^ big reason I'm looking at keeping my car. and honestly...another reason to get a turbo or an Evo X is for the pure fact of saying I have it...lol..."I drive an Evo" it sounds nice :)

10. ChokingChicken

ChokingChicken Well-Known Member

except the fact where you're bending over and letting the dealership have at you..

oh ya, and takin all your money at the same time

11. Payload

Payload Well-Known Member

if your waiting for a turbo to spool up then your not driving a manual lol :D

I was thinking of the RA too but i'll loose so much money on the trade i dont think its worth it. Even if i spend 10g's and get turbo etc. its still gonna be a bit cheaper than the RA and at least it will be a bit more individual. The car has plenty of potential and once the RA and evo come out alot more parts are going to be available since most of them should match up with our lancers.

N/A doesnt exactly have power instantly either.. if you want a decent power N/A build all the power will be up the top end so you'll still have zero power untill you get into the high rpm's. If you want power and maintain street drivability turbo is your only option. Getting anything decent out of N/A requires new cams which just kill its drivability at low speeds. Just get a smaller turbo and it wont take so long to spool.

N/A mods you listed would probably result in around 20hp at a guess.