MY FIRST MOD...?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by bambam, Mar 11, 2008.

1. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

PLEASE?TELL ME WHAT MY FIRST MOD SHOULD BE ON MY '08 lancer gts...i really dont know what it should be...thank you for any advice :D

2. rims.....if u already have that, i say the carbon fiber hood or drop it

3. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

yes i have the 17' rims that they offer at the dealer and it is already too low with the body kit...

4. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

17" rims and body kit without lowering it and your saying its too low???

what kit do you have and on 17"s???

5. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

first off, Welcome

secondly, what's your budget and what type of stuff are you interested in (performance, looks, 3-deck spoilers)

6. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

idk my parents got it for me and yea ive already scraped the bumper a couple of times...the kit was a present for my b-day

7. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Welcome and post photos of your ride, we DO like photos :D

8. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

evolve thank you ive looked on here b4 and have seen u a lot.
    and my budget is about 700-1,000
    and performance please

9. u have stock rims and the stock gts lip kit right......

10. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

k i will see if my sister can post them for me cuz im not too good with computers and im at school right now haha
    p.s. i love your tint at 30% i think ill do the same if u dont mind

11. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

yes the stock lip kit and stock rims thanks=)

12. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

well check RRM out they have some nice goodies also you have Speedcorps.com some other nice stuff their too it all depends on what your looking for

13. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Things i've experienced:

RRM Short-ram: Gives decent low end punch and slightly helps engine-responsiveness

RRM Pulley: Instantly felt from first gear. You'll notice our OEM pulley is quite heavy in comparison to the Aftermarket one.

RRM Piggy: Helped with gas mileage and increased the top-end punch a bit.

Injen Cold-Air: Brought to life in the upper-range of the power band. Does lack the low-end punch that a short-ram provides.

and i also have a bunch of suspension stuff. but you just asked about performance.

14. well then 1st mod would be probally some 18' or 17" black with polish lip....

15. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

duke

thank you i will be sure to check them out when i get home...but i still dont know whatd benefit my car the most on performance with my 700-1,000 budget...=/

16. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Performance wise- dropping extra weight never hurts.

There are Carbon-Fiber/Fiberglass Hoods and Trunks available for purchase as well.

17. Dukekid0987

if your looking for just bolt-ons you have headers from RRM check that out you will need and intake you have a lot of choices or so their or just a drop in filter from works. The pulley like Envolve said thats a good add on for the price

18. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

sweet

thank you! i will take your word for it...now where would be the best place to order this stuff from...and if i cant get them all which would preferrably be the best way to go?

19. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Bam's who's 30% tints do you like? If mine, thanks, I do love them. What Evolve said is just about what you can get with the budget you said.

20. Dukekid0987

Roadracemotorsports.com
    Speedcorps.com
    Worksevo.com
    Ptuning.com

Research my friend RRM has what Evolve was talking about