Motor Oil

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by RedStar, Aug 20, 2007.

1. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

I checked my motor oil right now after washing my car and its a bit low. I read that it said use 5w-20 but is it synthetic or non synthetic? Or can i use somthing else?

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

I believe it says in the owners manual

3. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

just go to a dealer they will be able to top it off for you at no charge. or go ahead and change the oil yourself, i use full blend of synthetic. Castrol

4. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

^Is there a difference (performance wise) with synthetic in your GTS?

5. 91talontsi

91talontsi Active Member

Royal Purple is what im going to use when i change my oil. It is supposed to add a bit of hp not much but still something. theres a video of them using it on horsepower tv and the guy got almost 9 hp in a camero after changing all the fluids to royal purple.

6. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

synthetic oil from my understanding reduces heat, you can drive on it up to 5k miles without changing oil, over all its better for all the internals. **you wont see any HP gains from synthetic oil**

7. 91talontsi

91talontsi Active Member

I am kind of skeptical about the horsepower gain as well however royal purple makes the claim and horsepower tv took them up on it. If you go to royal purple's website and watch the video you can see the guy dyno the car before and after the royal purple swap. No harm in trying it =)