Mitsubishi warrantied turbo.

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by tatsujo, Oct 15, 2007.

1. tatsujo

tatsujo Well-Known Member

What do you guys think? Heard talks about it coming out for us when the EvoX hits. A turbo that wont effect my 10 yr. powertrain warranty.. sounds enticing. :D

2. blacksheep818

blacksheep818 Well-Known Member

i read this on another forum im really hoping they come out with it

3. AntonygTs

AntonygTs Well-Known Member

it might not effect your warranty but for sure will effect your wallet :D

4. tatsujo

Yeah, dealer prices will probably be ridiculous.. but hey, would you rather spend extra to keep a 10yr warranty or go cheap and possibly pay more out of your pocket if anything happens.

I can see it being well in the 6k since a stupid wheel already costs 850$.

5. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

6k will be the price for the parts. Please remember that for dealer parts to be considered "under warranty" with the rest of your car, you have to get the parts installed by the dealer. That is where they will truely rape you with their $130/hour prices :?

6. tatsujo

Of course, just referring to the turbo. Who else would take it somewhere else to get an unwarrantied install. :D

7. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

Youd be suprised haha

8. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

i want my lancer to be turbo'd :[

9. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

if this is true..this is pretty cool. I wonder what kind of turbo it will be. It is definitly going to be a low psi turbo prob around 6 psi. to keep it at a safe level cause if they are gonna warranty it...they don't want u put the psi output to high cause everyone would be coming in and out with problems of blowing shit up lol

this is definitly an alternative to other turbo's especially if its warrantied, cause I like my extended warranty. I wonder what kind of design they have set up for the CVT owners. speculations say the transmision won't hold up.

10. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

Well myself once they come out with one if they do. I will put in its place the biggest damn turbo i can find lol, because once they sell that system they cant tell actually what the turbo size is once the old one was replaced again lol. Im not to sure on that one anyone speculate? But it would be nice to see one besides RRM's

11. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Do all the research, you all can before you turbo the 08 Lancer. What it does, How it works, disadvantages and the likes. There is more to it than just bolting it on and stepping on the gas. Like I always say tuning is the key.