Mitsubishi News Release for 2009 Models

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi News & Info' started by WildBill, Jan 21, 2008.

1. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

The following links are to Mitsubishi North America's media news release section of their website:

- 2009 Lancer base trims Specifications -

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2008011358837&mime=ASC

- 2009 Lancer base trims at-a-glance -

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2008011358957&mime=ASC

- 2009 Lancer Ralliart at-a-glance -

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2008011359056&mime=ASC

What I found interesting was these key things:

1) GTS, according to what I am reading, may become the only model that offers the CVT, with the DE and ES coming only in a 5 speed stick.

2) GTS will get the new 2.4L I4 engine which will put out closer to 168 HP

3) Bluetooth becomes standard on all GTS models (not sure if it was already)

4) GTS and ES models that will come with the 2K to 3K Sun and Sound package will now come with the Fast Key as a part of that package instead of only with the Tech and Navi package.

***ALSO***

It is now confirmed via press release that, at least for the 2009 model year, the Lancer Ralliart WILL NOT have a manual transmission option. DAMN IT!!!

Bill

2. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

So the new GTS will have a different motor then the 4B11?

3. Maynard

Maynard Well-Known Member

mileage will be a big deal huh? (for trade-ins)
    by summer i'm projecting 20-25k is that bad?

4. WildBill

All that is stated officially so far is a higher liter/displacement. Whether that means a modified version of the 4b11 or not I am not sure.

Bill

5. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Yeah there info is a bit confusing... the specs show all models as a 4B11 but then speak about the GTS having a larger displacement motor. Normally when displacement in changed it is a different motor all together. I wonder if it will have the 4G64 204L motor...

6. WildBill

Shrugs...sounds like a call to Mitsu North America is in order...

Bill

7. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

8. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

So Bras, I think your sticking with your lancer then? Or will look for a faster car?

9. bras_33

/\ I am still in denial about the sst for the RA but I will see when it is released or GSR X is a maybe. I cant see paying almost 40k for a car without luxury and amenities. If that was the case, I may as well get a G37 for the same price. But who knows, my eye is still on the RA.

10. JDM FLOW

Alright, the G37 is sick and alot faster.

$35 grand for 330hp ain't bad w/a bunch of tech stuff.

11. bras_33

I like it and LEATHER but thats for older cats, lol no offense to anyone

12. JDM FLOW

Not really, with those numbers? I don't really think. Usally 20-low 30's drive those cars.

13. bras_33

I would try to get a brand new one tho but I will see what the RA has to offer

14. JDM FLOW

Those are the numbers of the 08. RA, 235hp, G37, 330 but 10k more expensive.

15. bras_33

I meant the X compared to the G37

16. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

hey watch out for that new hyundai with 375hp,just saw an commercial about it.called the Hyundai Genesis.looks bulky.

17. bras_33

? magic word is "hyundai"

18. JDM FLOW

Yeah freaking 375hp...

19. WildBill

The Genisis Sedan is aimed as a large luxury sedan for around the 30K range. I believe Hyundai will be releasing the a concept/prototype that reflects a closer model to the either what will be called the Hyundai Genisis Coupe or the new Tiburon. Based off of the current concept for it out there, will come out after the sedan and will offer either a I4 turbo for about 225 HP (similar to the RA) or a V6 rated just over 300 HP. The sedan will primarily use a toned down version of the V6 for better MPG with HP estimated in the 275 range. Both vehicles will be based off the same platform which will be RWD and will most likely offer either a 6 speed stick or 6 speed auto/shift-tronic. All this is according to Hyundai.

Bill

20. bras_33