Metra Dash kit Warped with California heat

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by MXlou, May 19, 2008.

1. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

So i got a metra dash kit and this is what i saw 8O as i got in my car yesterday :cry:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HudsonFalcon

HudsonFalcon Well-Known Member

Wow, some serious heat to cause that kind of warping.

3. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

oh oh... i was planning on getting that too when i got my car... deff not ne more... florida summers are HOT as fuk... and if thats happening in CA during spring, i can't imagine how it'll be here in the summer... time to look for alternative dash kits... ne one?

4. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

you can go OEM or Scosche, im waiting on a reply from metra at the moment.

5. Bryn1987

double din OEM would be way too over priced... i'll look at Scosche....

6. Bryn1987

there are no lancer Dash kits from Scosche at all... not even the old lancers... so yet again, any alternatives? :-\

7. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

they are not done with it yet, but since you dont even have a car yet its not a problem :roll:

8. Bryn1987

ya i know, but it's good to keep my eye open and find out about products before getting them =)

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=10595

only other one i've found..

o ya, let us know what they say about the melting...

9. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

sure will, just emailed them half an hour ago

10. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

ok well i just got an email back from metra and they told me just to get an exchange from where i got it. :cry: since i got it from bras who got it from serious i just need to wait for a reply from serious.

11. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Send it to me and I'll replace it. I stand by my warranty as do my vendors. As long as there are no noticable damage or changes other than the warping. Be sure to pull off the white clips before you send it to me.

Also, Metra has sold literally hundreds of these and this is a first isolated incident. Don't worry about it Bryan. I have one in my car and I live in Texas. Texas heat is 10 times worst than California. In fact, just yesterday the heat index was 107 degrees and its still spring!!!

If you truely are worried, get window tint and ALWAYS use a full length windshield visor when parked.

12. Invincible

Invincible Well-Known Member

is there any place where we can get the OEM one, I like that one because of the chrome strip on it, it makes it look very nice!

13. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

The dealership or the internet site that has them. I don't sell them. Its not worth the money. I can think of other ways to spend $400 than on a dash kit.

14. Bryn1987

warrenty is good to hear =)... maybe i'll still stick to metra... i guess i'll re-add it to my list :p... and ya i'll be getting tints and visor so... =)

15. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

ok thanks serious ill send it, but i need the info on where to send. also is there any local vendors that will exchange it for me since i dont really want to drive around for a week without a dash, if not no biggie ill send it.

*EDIT* Metra wants it so im sending it directly to them.

16. AntonygTs

AntonygTs Well-Known Member

same thing is happeing to me i got mine off autotoys.com i live in miami and its been crazy hot here mines not that bad yet but its gettin their

17. paveddistance

paveddistance Member

nothing has happened to mine yet and its been a steady 110 to 115 here
    i have no visor in the windshield during the day either

18. Bryn1987

i'd email autotoys.com if i were u :p

19. BaD2RaSS

BaD2RaSS Well-Known Member

There are two offered from the factory the one with the fosgate logo and one without it, funny enough the one without the logo is more expensive than the other one. anyhow they are normally somewhere around 300 but I can do either of them for 250.00 I know thats pricey but its factory, too. pm me if you want any parts.

20. Bryn1987

hmm.... $30 or $300... hard decision >.< lol