Mazda 3 intake

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by chago, Dec 5, 2007.

1. chago

chago Active Member

mazda intake for lancer

Hey serious8 where can i find that mazda 3 intake .
    is it a short ram and what year does it fits our lancer

2. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Re: mazda intake for lancer

This is the one that you want.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...QQcmdZViewItem

3. chago

chago Active Member

the link is not working wich model - year - and if is short or cold air intake
    Do you have it in your car?

4. SeRious08

Its for the Mazda 3 2003-2007 2.3L model. Its the CAI model but you don't use all of it. I will be putting it on my car soon. :D

Here are some pics of one already done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/url]

5. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

ok so which one will you recommend to use will the mazda3 c.a.i fit like the 08 one they just made or?

6. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

does it come with those mounts and the housing for the sensor already? is it really plug and play?

7. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

8. SeRious08

No, the Mazda3 intake can only be used as a SRI. But it looks VERY similar to the $200 Fulita intake. Several people have already done this without problems or a Check Engine Light.

9. SeRious08

The mounting bracket has to be made. Not that hard. You can find the piece at Home Depot and bend it ot fit where you want.

The MAF sensor needs to be raised 1/8 of an inch. To solve this, take 1/8" ABS plastic and cut a plate and instal it with MAF.

10. SeRious08

11. tatsujo

tatsujo Well-Known Member

^^
    Hmm, it could be possible it's that one. Maybe cut the pipe and take the middle section?

I'll link the pic here serious.

[​IMG]

12. midunn

midunn Well-Known Member

That would be pretty awesome if it wasn't too hard to mod.

13. SeRious08

Yup thats it. The only part you need is the piece with the MAF plate.

1. Cut about 6" off the bend
    2. Make a 1/8" thick MAF spacer out of ABS plastic
    3. Make a braket out of strap metal to hold it steady.

Thats all that is needed. Takes about 30-45 minutes to mod it.

14. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Thanks Serious.

15. SeRious08

No problem. Just wanted to make people aware that there are options out there that don't cost $200 for a couple of HPs.

16. GSTurtle

GSTurtle New Member

Quick Q, is the vacuum tube supposed to go after the MAF sensor or before? Seems like on all other SAI it is after the sensor, but with the mazda one it would be before. Would this affect the sensors readings?

17. SeRious08

No, it makes no difference. There is so little suction/flow through the tube that it won't throw off the reading. All that tube does is allow the head to "breath" where the oil and cams are. I'm sure someone can explain it better.

You can actually plug the nipple on the tube and run a small aftermarket filter where the tube plugs into the head.

18. BrianRRM

BrianRRM Well-Known Member

it dosent matter weather it is before or after, u just need to have it recirc into the pipe.

19. Prettyboy

Prettyboy Well-Known Member

hey serious.. im about to buy a mazda 3 system just like the one above, and this may be a stupid question but there is 2 pieces of pipe, i only need the one w/the sensor mount on it right?? if so..i saw where you said cut about 6in off the bend...either that pipe is way bigger then it looks or im goin crazy cuz i dont see where you'd be able to cut 6in off of that...(im saying this ASSUMING that i only need the one..which i may be wrong lol) but if i need both then it makes perfect sence, please clear this up for me lol

20. Prettyboy

Prettyboy Well-Known Member

never mind, lol i did a little extra research and found the info i was lookin for lol..you do only use the one pipe but you still cut some off to have the right clearance for the hood to close over the intake....right? lol plz correct me if im wrong