making a headerback ses injen exhuast fit a fed spec

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by chileanpride06, Jun 18, 2008.

1. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

ok i know there has been a lot of talk about how the injen ses was for cali mods only and that all you had to do was add an extra pipe. well i dont know if anyone has done it yet and shared their findings so i am gonna do it. yesterday i took the exhuast to my shop to get it bolted on, as one can imagine there was some problems. First i have the headers from rrm so the exhaust wouldnt line up with the headers. second the cat o2 sensor wouldnt plug in because it was to far away. third the exhuast itself was to short but thats pretty much it. so without returning the exhuast (i would have to had paid 150 dollars to send it back, live in guam) i decided to chop it up. :? yeah i know it would viod the warranty blah blah.... so the pipe in front of the cat was chopped and a new longer pipe was welded on. we had to bend the pipe to get the right fitment. it took most of the day but it looks and sounds great. so if you have the fed spec and the cali ses exhuast dont sweat it if you are willing to mod it. other than that i would recommend waiting for something better. pics will be post soon

2. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

Hey finally some one from Guam. I thought I was the only one. lol

3. chileanpride06

lol yeah i thought the same thing, are you the one with the red lancer?

4. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

If you talking about the rally red DE.... the only one with the blacked out front bumper.. then yes sir.

When I saw your lancer on the road, I was like DAM YOU! lol. cause you already had purchased the CF hood before I did.

5. chileanpride06

i believe so, some guy with a red lancer got their exhuast put on last week with the headers and i was like f*ck. gotta find this guy. ahhh i do remember seeing you, it was a day i decided to cruise back road.

6. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

If I'm able to find more Mitsubishi owners, we should do some type of meet. Cause you know on Guam it's all about the Scions, Hondas, Toys, etc.. Maybe start a local group?

7. chileanpride06

yeah i am down with that, tired of seeing the same ol shit ya know..

8. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

this is the cutest reunion, EVERR.

9. HudsonFalcon

HudsonFalcon Well-Known Member

lol.

10. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

this coming from a guy who backs into trees! :lol:

11. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

I had this exhaust and I am a fed owner. I have had the issue where the pipe would need to be bended to match up with the header so I just returned it for a full refund including shipping costs. (Thanks to the lovely support from speedcorps)

12. chileanpride06

yeah i was going to do the same thing but i am not about to pay 150 to send it back when i could use that money to make it fit, but thats just me

13. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

so much for pics

14. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

Well I got mine through speed corps and thanks to their great customer support I did not pay a nickel and even got a discount on a purchase because of the hassle. Those guys truly kick ass!

15. chileanpride06

be patient on the pics, the car isnt going any where