Magnaflow Catback SS Exhaust - Now Available

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Karan, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Video clip of this exhaust installed on a 2008 GTS available here - http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shop ... ll&id=4222

2. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

kinda looks like a weird set-up with the piping... but let me know how it works :)

3. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Don't expect it to show gains higher than the others. That design is horrible. Functional, but horrible. 2 90* bends and 2 180* bends is a huge "no no" for power. It takes the exhaust longer to exit the vehicle.

4. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

yeah i was about to say that last bend wtf is that?!

5. SeRious08

I would bet that the stock exhaust would show better results than this thing. What a waste.....

I mean the stock exhaust is better flowing and straighter....

6. Nosman

Nosman Active Member

Your an idiot , Look at the INJEN CAI it has a buch of bends and it does well everybody were freaking it out about it when it first came out now there loving it , the stock exhaust on our car is a real hog . Bends don't affect flow that much buddy .

7. chileanpride06

i am not sure you can compare the intake to an exhuast..seeing how one sucks in and the other expells

8. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

Wow... that is a harse way to dispute someone elses opinion.
    True bends will make somewhat of a difference, but also keep in mind that the diameter of the piping is also a bit wider, 2.5 compared to 2.25. I really don't think that an exhaust is going to make that much of a difference in general. We are talking about hp that may never really be felt in the end.

9. SeRious08

I will be civil here and not debate a member that appears to be eventually banned. After 35 post they attack not only a member but a mod. :roll:

Anyways, it has been proven time after time after time that straighter is better. Wheather its an intake or exhaust. Sharp bends cause the air to tumple in an intake and slow down the expelling of exhaust. To create hp, the engine must be able to suck in and expell the air faster. The faster this happens, the more hp. And that my friends, is a fact. A well designed straighter exhaust will 99.9% of the time show better results than one with 180* bends.

10. Nosman

Nosman Active Member

On N/A cars the difference is very minimal if not any . Mendral bends help alot compared to standard crimpled bends . Sorry if i don't have a 1000 post but i have a life other then car forums

11. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

True, the large amount of acute angle bends does look a bit concerning but I guess we'll see when some dyno numbers are posted to get an idea.

12. SeRious08

I will never trust dyno numbers that are presented by the manufacture or someone sponsored by a company.

13. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

especially when the charts they post are not even for the right car. 03 OZ edition lancer i think is what i saw in the heading? lawlz :p

14. chileanpride06

lol...yeah

15. Hydrolikz

Hydrolikz Well-Known Member

Didn't your favorite company RRM say that the straight-pipe cat-back they tried to produce wasn't yeilding the same #'s as their axle-back? Hence why they're not planning to release a cat-back system...

16. SeRious08

No, they said that a header-back system showed no better results than their axel back system. They did try to stur interest in a center exhaust to make it a straight back exhaust but never ran with it.

17. Hydrolikz

Hydrolikz Well-Known Member

Ahh I see!

18. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

how come for me this comes up as an exhaust for a eclipse? the vids are of an eclipse too? im confuzled :roll:

19. Karan

Karan Well-Known Member

On the Magnaflow product webpage they have the video clip of a Lancer GTS. Try again.

20. BaD2RaSS

BaD2RaSS Well-Known Member

I ordered mine today should have it next week.

Kyle