Magnaflow Axle-Back ***UPDATED w/ Video***

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by aTm beaner, Mar 30, 2009.

1. aTm beaner

aTm beaner Well-Known Member

Tomorrow I'll be taking my wife's car in to get a custom made axle-back. I decided to use the Magnaflow stainless steel exhaust #14325 which I purchased for $80 from Advance Auto Parts, my part-time job.

[​IMG]

I'll be taking my camera so I can take a picture of the final installation. I also ordered a K&N drop in filter for the car as well. That's all I'm going to do for performance parts on her car. The next thing I'll decided to do is install some Tanabe NF210 springs once the car reaches 50000 miles. That way, I'll also install a set of new struts/shocks on the car as well. The NF210s only increase the spring rate about 5% to keep that smooth ride and lowers the car about an inch.

2. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

Re: Magnaflow Axle-Back

why not the cai? get your money's worth bro trust me.

3. aTm beaner

i know bud, but my wife told me not to put too much into it. she still wants it to be a "mommy" car. I could always add it in later.

4. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

mommy cars don't have a/m exhausts :)

5. aTm beaner

^^^^^^^^^^^ they do now! :D

she's really interested/scared to see what it sounds like. i honestly don't think it should be that much louder than stock since it's only an axle-back.

6. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

that and its not a coffee can... its pretty much the same as the rrm axel back. its a little louder than stock but the cvt drones like a motha

7. aTm beaner

UPDATE 03/31 Custom Magnaflow Axle-Back Installed

here are the pics guys...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know the last picture looks crappy on that bend, but it was seriously a bad angle. The piping does not look as bad as the picture taken. Total price of installation and muffler was $145.

The best part was that the wife loved it. It doesn't sound that much louder than stock. I'll be updating the post with a video of what it sounds like at a later time.

8. vmo91

vmo91 Well-Known Member

it looks interesting

9. medic

medic Well-Known Member

I'm interested in hearing this set-up. Couldn't it have been tucked up any higher though?

10. aTm beaner

it's not that much lower from the stock muffler. i'll take a new picture of it today from the back so you guys can see. i'll get that video uploaded today. it was taking too long last night that i cancelled it. I'll just leave it uploading before I go to bed tonite.

11. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

why didn´t you go straight with the muffler like the rrm one?
    Would be better for flow.
    But nice work

12. aTm beaner

it would be better for flow, but the wife drives the car and she didn't want it too loud. i'm thinking the more piping, the better it'll bring down the sound.

13. aTm beaner

here's a picture from the back. it's a little low, but not too bad. there is still some pretty good clearance.

[​IMG]

here's another picture with it parked next to my daily driver, a 2005 Ford Focus ST.

[​IMG]

14. aTm beaner

here's a video of what it sounds like.

[​IMG]

15. 08LancerAnt

08LancerAnt Well-Known Member

Sounds Good!!

16. aTm beaner

it seems that the exhaust got louder after i installed the K&N drop in. i'm going to have to put on a resonator to tone it down a bit.

17. ejlancer

ejlancer Well-Known Member

got a nice sound, but i still say go with a manufactured then a custom 1.