Looking for Exhaust and Intake for 09' GTS

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by young_blood, May 6, 2008.

1. young_blood

young_blood Well-Known Member

Hey so I just bought my 2009 Lancer GTS last week and came from driving a Jeep so I am very new here but I needed to know where I can get a exhaust system or intake for a 09' also I was wondering if the Exhaust kits or cold air intakes that are made for the 08' will fit the 09'? I ask because the new 09' GTS is a 2.4 L engine with a little more horsepower will the 08' was only a 2.0 L. Really I just wanted to know what kinda parts i can use that will be compatable since the engine size is different?

Thanx

2. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Look through our vendors and you'll see everything you possibly want on your car.

3. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

I think exhaust will be same. But intake is something i would worry about. Email Injen about the CAI i guess.

4. young_blood

What do you mean by the vendors? and also I am really just looking for Exhaust and Intake right now so what are some very nice systems or brands? I have tried google and can't find much for the 09' and thats why i was wondering if the exhaust was the same.

5. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

take some pics of the engie bay :D

6. Slickghost

Slickghost Well-Known Member

FLOW meant for you to look in the official sponsors section on the left below the shout box. You'll be able to find intakes and exhausts in there!! Good luck.

7. young_blood

Thanks and sorry for being dumb about it I wasn't sure what he meant. I will take pics of the engine bay as soon as I get my camera fixed. I broke it on our cruise we went on for our senior trip.

All I have done so far is tint the windows so what all do you think should be my first few things to buy to get this car going in the right direction.

8. young_blood

So I have been trying to research this and am looking at the Works AB exhaust and can't find the price and where to get it. But if I was just gunna get AB then is it a straight bolt on or what?

9. gator4life108

gator4life108 Well-Known Member

10. young_blood

lol thanks sorry I was in school and couldn't really search much. so are axle-back systems just a straight bolt onor is there welding and such involved like there would be in a cat back.

11. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

Bolt on

12. young_blood

thanks so are cat backs also just bolt ons or what beacause I can do all that I just dont know how to weld at all.

13. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

good luck finding out part compatibility between the 4b11 and 4b12 engine, i've been searching for about 4 months now... so plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz let me/us know anything you find out...

14. young_blood

Yeah I'm not sure what will fit the 09' as far as performance upgrades go. I know the body and styling are exact same so thatseasy but engines are different so I'm not sure if exhaust is the same or not.

15. Bryn1987

your best bet is to send an email directly to injen/greddy/works (w/e company the product ur looking for is) and ask them... they'll know better then anyone else

btw, can u please post a "couple" of pics of ur engine bay? i'd love to see the difference (if any) between the 4b11 and 4b12 =)

16. lancered

why dont you find someone with an 08 lancer then look at the 09 lancers exhaust and compare.i went to the dealer a few days ago,but i shouldve looked damnit.

17. young_blood

Yeah like I said I broke my camera last month on a cruise and just got a new one yesterday so pics should be up in the next day or so when its not raining bad outside so I will show you guys and will take pics of the exhause so you guys can tell.

So my car is black with tinted windows and de-badged and I'm powder coating the stock wheels and can't decide whether to go black or gunmetal which?

18. Bryn1987

cuz everything may look the same, it doesn't mean it'll be compatible... remember, it's a different engine

i <3 black on black =)

and as for the pics... yay =)

19. lancered

just because the engine is different,does not mean that the exhaust is different as well.

20. Bryn1987

true, but remember, a bigger engine usually means more fuel being burned (hence the lower mpg) which obviously yields more exhaust... which also means a change in back pressure and therefor might need different exhast... :-\