Lookin into buying 08 Lancer GTS Electric Blue Pearl manual

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by Lunaillij, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Lunaillij

Lunaillij Active Member

Hey guys,

I currently own a 95 Nissan Maxima. It was a great, fast car up until about June, when I started getting problems with it. My Maxima would stall and turn off while driving. It’s been in and out of different shops since June. I first was told that it was the exhaust system was causing the stall. So i went ahead and ordered and I installed Greddy SP2 cat back exhaust, a new cat converter, headers, y-pipe and a short ram intake. The car worked for a few days but then the stalling came back. Then i was told that i needed to replace the MAF sensor, Knock Sensor, and battery. I changed all that, and it worked for a weekend. Then it started acting up again. I had the codes checked and I got a MAF circuit malfunction code. So I'm finally throwing in the towel and giving up on my maxima. I've invested about 2 G's in trying to get the car running, and all it has caused was major headaches. Now don't get me wrong, when the car did work, it was quick!! And the exhaust sounded great!! But now I'm ready to move on.

I went to a few dealerships last Saturday. I checked out the new altima, mazda 3 and 6 and the scion tc. Out of all of them, I liked how the new lancer looked and it was fun to drive. But the lancer is a big downgrade in performance compared to the maxima I have. So my question is what are the pros and cons (if any) of the new 08 lancer GTS?

Thanx in adance for your input.

Heres my current ride, but hoping to get into the Lancer GTS soon;
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2288981

2. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

if your willing to wait a while and save up ur money any car can be fast. and the lancers have SO much potential. and the technology is flawless. it will feel like a luxury upgrade more then a performance upgrade. but give it time and when things come out for it. you will see what these cars can do.

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

My only real con is the A-pillar is pretty thick so this is a huge blind spot.

4. Lunaillij

Lunaillij Active Member

and what are the features of the navigation? is it worth the extra 2 g's?cause i was thinking of installin a carputer inplace of it.

5. LancerGTS

i didnt get the navi i stuck with just the S&S package i will put a aftermarket DVD player in there prob.

6. NjGtSiN

NjGtSiN Well-Known Member

I had a 07 Civic SI and just traded it in for a GTS W/S&S... Great car so far... can wait for the mods...

7. bras_33

^great choice for getting rid of the honduh

8. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

WHAT? :x

9. LancerGTS

good choice u will get rid of that rice smell quick...lol jk

10. bras_33

^LOL, good one!

11. Lunaillij

Lunaillij Active Member

Heres an update since my last post. I figured out what was wrong with my maxima. About two days after my last post, I took out the MAF sensor and did a warranty exchange. After I installed the new MAF sensor, my car started running again!! And for real this time. I was so excited to have my car back.

So after driving it for a few weeks, I still was thinking about the lancer. Yesterday, my fiancee and I went to the dealership to go take another look at the Lancer for me and the Outlander for her(she wanted to get out of her lease with her corolla and get into an SUV). I told them that I wanted an electric blue GTS manual lancer w/ the sound/sun package and navi. They went through what they had, and they found one. I was able to take it out for lunch for an hour, I feel in love with it.

To get straight to the point, I bought my first new car. Yep, you guessed it, it's an electric blue GTS manual lancer w/ the sound/sun package and navi. I got it all for about 19,500 and my fiancee got her outlander LS with a navi for about 22,300. I will post pics when I get a chance and as I do mods. I wanna thank this site for encouraging me to get one. Till then, Late

12. bras_33

Congrats on both purchases!!!

13. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

YEAH.... hope you enjoy it :thumbleft: