LOOK WHAT I MADE LAST NIGHT!!!!!!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by dcobeo7931, Jan 10, 2009.

1. dcobeo7931

dcobeo7931 Well-Known Member

so thursday me and my boy were finishing up installing his suspension.......when we were in his tool/parts shed and found he had some intake piping and couplings and filters.....so we decided on making me an intake system, so here are some pics.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

we cut the MAF sensor holder of the oem airbox and used some rubber couplings to hold it all together....and left the venting and half the airbox to draw air to it..

i looked at the rrm site and this looks conspicuously like their rrm v1 sri.......well i hope mine holds up too since i've had no cel light in 80 miles of driving so far...fingers crossed

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

cool. free mods are the best. i had to cut the MAF off of my oem intake to get my new SRI to work....80k miles later...no problems

3. 08CustomLancer

08CustomLancer Well-Known Member

nice work,
    btw, i just realized you are the guy on TGC that posted the 09' G with your lancer. i noticed it in your sig

4. dcobeo7931

yea i been around lol for a hot little minute....i try to post on all the sites its just gets hard with 4 kids and a wife

5. HomieG

HomieG Well-Known Member

nice, but i would invest in a CAI when possible. SRI doesn't really do much other than sound. creative for sure though.

6. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

nice...i thought about the same thing too before...

7. dcobeo7931

yea i ordered the aem cai but until i can get a bracket to move the oil cooler........this will stay for now...

8. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

dcobeo... My injen CAI came in the other day and still has yet to be installed. It came with the relocation bracket which I don't think I will need since I have the ES. I'll let you know later this week if I definitely need it or not. If not I'll ship it right over to you!

9. dcobeo7931

i appreciate it i think bras may have already sent me one though but thanks goes out to everybody who has offered me their bracket out of the kindness of their hearts

10. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

the bracket is for the CVT trany only so you dont need to worry about it...neither the ES or GTS 5 speed need it...i also got the Injen CAI i should have the bracket laying somewhere with the rest of my car parts....LMK if you need it...

11. dcobeo7931

thats whats up
    gracia mi pana....si tu puede ayudarme.....pero yo creo que alguien mando la piesa.....my spanish is mad bad but im from pr too.....de cabo rojo

12. skullpr

afuego loco...sí, leí q brass te lo envio...pero nada bro si tienes dudas o preguntas me dejas saber...

13. dcobeo7931

claro que si loco.....tu sabes...es mi primer mitsubishi...tenia un honda b18...pero alquien lo queria mas de mi ja ja ja ja

14. medic

medic Well-Known Member

i'm not sure why people think the cai is the only intake that makes power. my sri seems to help in the bottom end which is where my cvt gts needs it most. so if you like the way it drives i say keep it.

15. skullpr

the CAI is not the only intake that gives power to your engine, but most ppl get it because it gives better high-end power, the SRI gives better low-end power...the reason i got the CAI is because i dont like the idea of having my engine at 5000 RPMs (when needed, of course...lol) and breathing its own heat, instead its down in front where all the fresh air is coming in...plus IMO i think it sounds better!!lol :twisted:

16. medic

medic Well-Known Member

I understand the benefits of the cai and the sri are different. IMO its really all preference. The gts with the cvt really needs help in the bottom end of the powerband which is why i went with the sri. And i'm not trying to be arguementitive, i just seem to see a lot of people saying that the sri just makes noise. BTW at 5000rpm there is enough airflow that heat saturation shouldn't be much of a problem.

17. skullpr

Hehe you know the sad part?? they all do, unfortunately...but yeah its like you said at the end tis all about preference... :)

18. medic

medic Well-Known Member

I can feel a difference when leaving a stoplight. But at the same time I don't feel a big gain on the highway(almost none). So what do u want from your car? BTW skullpr... I'm glad we can agree that it boils down to preference. Pretty much all tuning does, " do what you like and do what you can to your car. As long as you like it.

19. skullpr

indeed medic...i like how the CAI feels in high revs..and sounds great too