led creation :)

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by vivimatsuk, Mar 1, 2009.

1. vivimatsuk

vivimatsuk Well-Known Member

enjoi guys!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

unique but its not something i would do, looks good though

3. vivimatsuk

yup, thanx man. everyone has there own taste :)

4. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

Should do it inside your headlights like the audi.
    [​IMG]

5. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

audi style :)

6. dive_junkie

dive_junkie Well-Known Member

I think it's sick and been wanting to do it for a while. You got a how to on this?

7. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Hey this has been discussed by a couple of members here in HALO lol. Nice to see actual pictures of it so we could get a better idea how it would look. But you couldnt find a length that would cover the whole top length of the fog light bezel? I think that would look better. That and maybe some 5K hids to match.

I was gonna do mine R8 style when I did my Angel Eyes. Came across the issue of the flex piece holding the LEDS together possibly melting. Companies said they had never been tested at such a high temp so they wouldnt recommend baking them. (I baked mine in order to make sure the "glue" sealed the headlight once the angel eyes were done). Here is a example picture of the style strip I was gonna use.

[​IMG]

I PMd someone here for thoughts on problems actually occuring and since I recieved no response I just decided not to do them for now, that and if a single led blows there goes the whole nice look lol.

8. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

It looks pretty sweet. But I think it would have been better if the LED strip was more concealed. But hey, I like it though :)
    It's almost like a "fog light" haha

9. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

^+1 its not my taste but it dosent look bad...it kinda defeats the purpose of having fog lamps...then again the color combination realy dosent go...are u planning on getting HIDs? if so i strongly recommend 6000k which look like they would match with your LEDs...keep up the good work!! :D

10. lostkidd2

lostkidd2 Member

are we able to drive with thoes leds on during the day or at night?

11. vivimatsuk

yup im able to drive with them on anytime. i got a switch. i want to get HIDs now. most of u are saying 6000k but would the 8000k look good?
    and about them goin all the way across, i got two reasons:
    1. oznium sells 9.5" then it goes 19". the 19" would be too long
    2. if u look at the fog like "bracket" (or watever its called) there is a hole were the screw goes. with the 9.5" strip, the wire ends right there, making the wire much more conceiled. it goes directly into the hole.
    and about the how-to. i wasnt taking pix while doin it, but i guess i could try to make a step by step directions, and take some pix of where things are supposed to go

12. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Looks good. A couple of the Evo's here did this to their cars last year :)

13. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

14. ZEROCOOL

ZEROCOOL Well-Known Member

Nice job bro.

Here are others.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Qwest905

Qwest905 Member

wow those are ugly =X

16. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

i kinda like these

17. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

i like this led light strip... i personally like the audi style but having them by ur fog light is prett creative.. nice job!

18. vivimatsuk

thanx guys. man, i really like that "eagle eye" look.
    who needs headlights, just stick LEDs everywhere and u'll have enough like to light up a whole street :D lol

19. lostkidd2

lostkidd2 Member

it said on there website that u can cut at every three leds and jsut put silicon at the end of it to seal it. so you could get the 19 and cut that down to the size you need right to go all the way across.

20. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Some nice pics and we finally get a look at them. I want to do it but i dont feel comfortable doing DIY. Are they pretty hard to install these might be an opition since im not cracking my lighting housing open to do Angel's