Lancer RalliArt Upgrade??

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Bayurea, Mar 20, 2008.

how many of you are going to upgrade to Ralliart?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bayurea

Bayurea Well-Known Member

just wondering how many people are thinking about tradin in and upgradin to the Ralliart when it comes out?

2. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

Ima just stick with what I have. Maybe ill buy the ralliart bodyparts if they match but thats about it.

3. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

the RA has some nice stuff, but there are a few people who are going to mod it anyway so...

I was thinking about it for a while, but the cons outweighed the pros. I don't really need AWD and i'm gna add my own turbo after I graduate college and I've heard mixed reviews on the Recaro seats

4. Bayurea

i know what u mean i would too, but its tempting cuz gettin the ralliart is like gettin an evo without payin 36thou, i mean yea its 230 sum hp but mods would be easier to get cuz its basically the same engin as the x and have u seen how many mods are out for the evo , its would be fun to mod that car but then again, tradin in is a bitch and im sure price would end up being bout 32 though thats if they give u 15 for ur lancer .. but its sumthing to think about from now and july

5. Texas Aggie

rumors floating around the forum is the RA will be 25k. and I THINK RRM unofficially said their turbo is putting out 90HP...do not quote me. Check there forum just in case. Not sure of price but if its reasonable then you could end up saving money upgrading the Lancer than a RA. The RA gets the Recaro seats, which may be an upgrade option, and the SST tranny. some other stuff but not much if my memory serves me correctly

6. Bayurea

yea but lets say RRm does pull off 90 hp on the turbo , and lets say it costs 2,500 then u need to install it unless u can do it urself saves u money if then thats 800 more or less lets say to get it installed and now ur 08 lancer is about 215 -225 hp but warrenty is voided now and ur playin with fire if ur engin fucks up , n ralliart turbo has warrenty, n prolly safer for the long run , n the dual exhaust does look nice in the back, n yea ralliart is 25k but dealer prices are always 3 to 4 thousand more...

7. bf360

bf360 Well-Known Member

rrm kit is going to be between 4 and 5 thousand plus you have to upgrade your clutch

8. Bayurea

yea see 4 or 5 thousand... man sucks i want the ralliart but dunno bout the trade in n monthly payment ,.... i know it would be a good buy though ...

9. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

RA and EVO warranty sucks compared to what we have.. i think the EVO warranty is only like 30K

10. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

from what I know, according to one of the head mechanic from where I got my lancer...if you do buy a turbo and have them install or thru one of their official shop, it wouldnt void the warranty, in fact they the engine got messed up because of their installation, it is fully covered by the warranty...
    thats what i found out, dont know bout how it goes somewhere else...

11. Bayurea

but you know how much there going to charge you if u get it installed at there shop... A GRIP!..

12. Texas Aggie

and I like my Lancer cuz of the insurance rate :) when the insurance companies hear you have a factory turbo...its down hill from there...

13. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

If you want a EVO or RA get an EVO or RA. If you want one and you don't get it you will kick yourself later... just my $0.02

14. MasterAK

MasterAK Active Member

after college, and only if they offer a 5-speed. If RA with the SST is 25k the 5-speed RA would be cheaper and that means more cash for mods :twisted:

15. Bayurea

yea i know what u mean i think ima just go for it and try to get it why not only live once lol

16. Deepside

Deepside Member

It seemed interesting to do the trade because of the Awd so you don't get wheelspin all the time.
    But, I was planning on having like 300 hp on my lancer to be happy (10lbs per hp), the RA is HEAVIER.. did I said heavier ? .. I would need more like 390hp to get the same G's acceleration that I want. 90hp more seems little, but pretty sure it's gonna cost WAY more in everthing +insurance +car... oooutch.$$$
    So.. I think I'm gonna stick with some wheelspin, an only hope that somebody finds a way to reduce it a lot hahaahha.
    And that is at the condition there is a stick version of the RA. Because for me, even if the SSt is faster/better (by a little.. ) I want to have control, really make feel the joy of the car.

17. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

I guess thats the price for keeping your warranty going...

18. Texas Aggie

i heard that FWD cars are better after like 40MPH than an AWD car...I may be wrong but that's what I heard

19. Bayurea

how much do u guys think insurance will go up with the ralliart? not as much as the evo or is it the same?

20. Deepside

Deepside Member

yeah, but that if you don't have too much power.

My volvo was getting wheelspin at 60mph.. pretty much say only on the highway you can be faster lol. :|