lancer in snow..

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by franchise5star, Dec 2, 2007.

1. franchise5star

franchise5star Well-Known Member

hows the lancer in the snow? front wheel skids?

and i don't feel buying winter tires coz i'm kind of short on doe.

2. topher

topher Well-Known Member

ITS HORRIBLE ON SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If u cant get winter tires i would recommend staying home till the roads are plowed!

we got 6" here in minnesota, and i could barely make it down my street basically redlining just to go...

3. franchise5star

Great!! i guess i'm hibernating fo the winter lol.

4. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

shit im getting hammered today :(

5. franchise5star

snow chains or spikes?

6. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

Hey topher,

Do you have a Manual Transmission, or the CVT?

Just asking, cuase I got the CVT and its supposed to snow today... wondering which type of tranny you got to base your findings on. I have found over the many cars Ive owned that MT's are more tricky to navigate in snow conditions over automatics.

7. franchise5star

just drove my car on the snow right noww.. i got the cvt. it was really bad on the snow but mayb coz i still got my summer tires on lol.

8. JDMhammer

wasper we are fucked lol snow and ice today

9. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

^ Well, I'll reserve my opinion untill I actually drive it in the snow... Ive been driving New England winters for about 16 years, so I know how to drive a car in the snow.

I should know, when I was 16 I pushed it to the limit and crashed quite a few times before I figured out what I can and cant do, lol

10. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

*sigh*

im so glad i live in florida :lol:

11. Payload

Payload Well-Known Member

no snow here either :D .. none of that summer/winter tyres bull for me.

12. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Same Ektor.

13. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

hehe I love Florida

14. lancermike

lancermike Well-Known Member

hey i drove in the snow today it wasnt that bad i still got my summer tires on but my thats cuz i drove like a grandma but yeah i realized it wasnt that great when i went to cook field n started to fuck around hehe couple of dough nuts in reverse and some driftin it was fun whille it lasted n then i almost hit a steel garbage can so i stopped lol didnt wanna go to crazy

15. JDMhammer

our car is not so good in the ICE!!! its been freezing rain here for the last 3 hours and i loved the slides i was doing

16. sunstealth

sunstealth Well-Known Member

we have snow here (2 feet around here) and let me tell you, beside my old suzuki sidekick 4x4 the lancer is one of the best car ive driven in the snow in 8 years

winter tires really do help a whole lot!!!

17. gatzaraki

gatzaraki Well-Known Member

I'm so glad that i live in the island of PuertoRico :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: forecast for today....well in the low 90 high 80s :lol: :lol: :lol:

18. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

wow rain, snow. it havent snowed in my town since 1996. it havent rained here in 6 months or little less.

19. Rocktight

Rocktight Active Member

I'm in Ohio, we got 4 inches on Tuesday and just got another 3 inches today. I was surprised how well the Lancer does with the stock tires. Everybody made it sound like it was a sled basically, I disagree. I mean I wasnt flying around corners or going fast or anything, but it wasnt too bad considering it has 18's with low profile tires. I have the CVT if anyone is wandering.

20. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

good reason to be in the south. No snow an if there is it does not stick. just saw a vid on you tube of a guy driving in snow