KRU's door panels UPDATE !!!3.31.08!!!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by KRU, Mar 25, 2008.

1. KRU

KRU Well-Known Member

Ok so as many of you know I started my door panel project a while back. Well- I have finally set some time aside to continue this build.

Here is the link when I started them if you would like to see a few step by steps:

http://www.lancertuners.com/modules.php ... pic&t=2115

Now here are some updated pics. Tomorrow i will be adding a uv protectant clear coat. Also since Im all about the red interior, I will be adding a red candy tint over the c/f and then the clear coat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ready for tint and clear.

[​IMG]

[/b]

2. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

wow...how long have you been doing this for?

3. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

damn that is going to be so hot when your done. :twisted:

4. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Awesome and finally Phil. It's been awhile. Will you make any production out of this or just your own door panels?

5. KRU

KRU Well-Known Member

Just something Im doing for myself. Once I see my painter tomorrow I will c what his costs are and then MAYBE and ony maybe will I think of doing them for others.
    Even tho its only small parts, its a huge amount of work.

Ty for the compliments guys oh and I have been doing this type of work for 22 years. Longer than most of you have been alive. LOL!

6. Texas Aggie

I'm 25 so ha...lol...So i guess this stuff is a walk-in-the-park for you. *sigh* someday I can do this on my own...when I get a garage...

7. JDM FLOW

4 more years then me. Soon to be 3.

8. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

hey KRU i have a quesiton about the stuff you dont see on these pannels. How do you make the stuff that clips inside the door ect? Do you just do it witht he same cf sheet and then cut out the shape? Or do you do it sepret and add it sepret?

9. KRU

KRU Well-Known Member

its the factory panel. Its an overlay. Click on the link above and it will show you the steps I took.

10. JDM FLOW

Very nice Phil. Phil, why are just now a lurker, aren't you a Vendor now?

11. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

looking good brudda, I am diggin them and so shiney!!!!!!!!!!!

12. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

hey i helped!!! i cut a BIG piece off

13. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

these are being sold... but u have to buy the dash trim set in order to buy the door panels too, the door panels cost $190, don't think u can get them sperately... http://autocityimports.com/2008-lancer- ... _2961.html

those are full carbon fiber

14. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

/\ that is nothing like what kru did

15. Bryn1987

the only difference between the two is that KRU used the door panels themself for the backing... where as the product used a mold to make it completely out of CF... but in the end it yields the same result (looks wise)

16. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

/\ um those (autocityimports) are stickers that go over the peices, not the actual whole piece made out of carbon fiber. i saw it on nemos car, its a little overboard

17. Texas Aggie

KRU: Bryn just posted a CF basic vid and I wanted to get your POV on it. It seems pretty straight forward and such but given you have over 20yrs experience you have some weight with this kinda stuff. ALso, what's the diff between your CF project and the ones you can buy?

18. Bryn1987

u know cuz stickers sell for $397

http://lancertuners.com/modules.php?nam ... 3188#39151

:lol:

19. Texas Aggie

^lol...yeah yeah...its late and I'm tired

20. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

yeah your not understanding, there is carbon fiber on those but what kru did looks totally different than those things, they ARE stickers made out of carbon fiber, kru's panels are actually wrapped in carbon fiber :roll: