Knocking after Springs Installation

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by Invincible, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Invincible

Invincible Well-Known Member

Hello,
    i just received my H&R springs today after a 3 weeks wait, Installed the springs and everything seemed to be fine at the first 5 mins, then later on i started hearing this little knocking noise when you turn the steering and its coming from the springs side,

could someone who has an experince with this please tell me what it could be ?

Last time my friend installed Springs on his GTI he had the same problem and he went back to the garage and they fitted some rubber round the springs and the problem was gone!

2. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

and to requote myself...

3. Invincible

NO, I got the H&R springs which are made for the 08 lancer!

4. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

o, i missread tiens... i guess i take back what i said :)

5. crypto

crypto Well-Known Member

not reading the thread > you
    :lol:

6. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

this happened to me with RRMs springs too.and so did with the Tein springs,but only when it was cold out.but since its warmed up it hasnt done it at all.

7. Invincible

I will take it back ti the garage after i finish work today..
    other than that, i would love to say

H&R FTW

jus wait till you guys see the photos, the drop is awesome and they didnt settle properly yet

8. Invincible

here's a photos of the springs on, they didnt settle properly yet,
    I will have a nice photoshoot of the car very soon

[​IMG]

9. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

very nice.. you can actually tell a drop... awesome

on a side note:

wow, i love you car! what color is that??? i love your projectors too :D

10. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem with my RRM V2 springs. Should be taking the car in soon for the issue. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

11. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

Projectors? how could you tell or where did you see that? I wanna see :(

12. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

projectors where lol?!

13. Invincible

The color kis called eep Blue Mica, the projectors are a standard option for all the Gulf spec lancer GT's...

now could someone please tell me the solution to the knocking noise thats coming from the springs? I've double checked the installation and everything seems to be fine, is there anything im misssing in here?

14. Dukekid0987

ahh man i wich i could get my hands on some of those projectors and sorry to get of topic.

But how long have you had them on for let them settle for about a week or two. my buddies springs did the same and he let them settle for a while and then of course got a alighment

15. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

there is no solution as of yet and it seems to be coming from an unknown place. but like others, mine only does it in the morning when it is cold, after it warms up, it seems to go away.

16. lancered

Is it just the front??where im at when i put my springs on.it was about 40-50 outside.when i turn the wheel they would have a knocking noise to them.now its 70 out and it doesnt do that anymore.could be the springs when they are cold,they are stiff so they dont want to move as much as if it were warmer out.thats all i can tell you man.

when its cold,they make a knocking noise,when it warmed up the noise went away.

17. lancered

all you can tell yourself is everything went on the way it came off.

18. Dukekid0987

is it like a horrible knocking or its just there?! I my self dont have springs but i get annoyed with noises in the car that i cant figure out what it is?

19. Invincible

hmmm, thanks alot for this, the problem is that i still get the noise even when the springs are warm but not as bad as when the car is cold, its a very hot place Dubai..

Im very happy with the performance of the springs the car goes very very well round corners now, but im very disappointed by this noise :cry: