K&N is Finally Released!!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by lordtygr, Nov 1, 2008.

1. turkey155

turkey155 Member

Does anyone have one ordered yet?

2. hockygoalie41

hockygoalie41 Well-Known Member

no comments on this, so is this a good sri, bad? anyone

3. azn_ghetto

azn_ghetto Well-Known Member

i believe it is a CAI not a SRI

according to the website

but id like to see reviews and videos before i decide to change from my RRM v2 to this

4. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

it looks almost identical to the RRM imo. The main difference being the way the heat sheild is designed. I havent looked to hard yet, but i haven't found dyno's on RRM's product yet. but comparing it to the Injen, i would say the charts appear to favor the Injen in net gain, but the K&N has a better max gain. or something like that. it's been a few days since i looked. but then again, the RRM is about $100 cheaper... I'm still deciding.

5. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

let the car sit in the heat for a minutes or two then run that dyno again. It is a well designed heat sheild, but there is still going to be hot air brought in. That will make a difference.

The k&n is an SRI, not a cai... i still think they put a heat sheild there and renamed it a cai becuase of it... :roll:

6. azn_ghetto

azn_ghetto Well-Known Member

you are correct, i only saw the info on the page rofl

but in that case i would like to see some sort of comparison between the K&N and RRM one

7. hockygoalie41

told ya it was a SRI haha, yeh im interested too in the comparison with the RRM sri, is the failjita worth mentioning

8. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

I'm deciding on whether Injen CAI or K&N SRI...

What sounds better?

9. hockygoalie41

failjita,, nothin? i thought it was funny, unless its been said before haha

10. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

same i heard in theory SRI is better but a lot of people who have had both rrm sri and injen cai say you feel the injen alot more. but i really dont care asmuch about the top end as i do about getting off. but idk. i wouldnt be getting it till december earliest anyway