Just ordered this from TWM *edit* just came in UPS today

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by lancered, Apr 27, 2008.

1. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

there taking preorders as we speak till May 15th.theres a little discount to this as well.

http://www.twmperformance.com/shortshif ... lancer.jpg

i got both for $169.

*edit*

i got the shifter,bushings,instructions,discount code,and,stickers.everything i need besides some white auto grease.should install this weekend.here some pics just out of the box.Also,if neone does not have an aftermarket shift knob,i put my stock one on the shifter to let you guys know it screws on tight. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

nice. too bad i dont got stick though.

3. Arcanas

Arcanas Well-Known Member

Once I get paid this friday. Think I'll get one of their shifting knobs too.

Edit: Naw, screw the knob...too pricey, and I don't like how they're so heavy.

4. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Hands down the best shifters on the market. I had one in my last car with a RTM shift knob and absolutely loved the feel. I have been waiting for this since July of last year when I called TWM. Will be ordering it Friday!! :D

5. CorzyPhoto

CorzyPhoto Member

They are heavy for a reason... The weight gives you a better shifting feel. Unless you are just one of those people that likes the "stock" shifting feel.

6. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

works has a short shifter too. in 2nd gear the knob gets close to the
    e-brake though

7. Arcanas

Arcanas Well-Known Member

maybe I'm just going crazy. I could have sworn I saw one for less than that. Ahh well...anyway, think I'll get the Evo shift knob. but that's just me.

8. kennyjai

kennyjai Well-Known Member

is twm good company?? ive never heard of em before...

9. eTXlancer

works short shifter is $149

10. SeRious08

Yes. They are at the top of the game. I rate thier shifters higher than B&M.

11. SeRious08

The RTM shift knobs are the best and uncomparable.

12. SeRious08

works shifter throw isn't as short nor the height. It also doesn't come with the bushings.

TWM FTW!!!

TWM > Works

13. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

Im with serious on this one, Im very excited for this!

14. lancered

hell yea,serious i got my RTM shift knob today,i can def. tell a difference,when shifting hard.alot easier to do now. :lol: i ordered it friday too.very awesome CANADIAN EHHH.

15. SeRious08

Ziggy is the man!! Wait until you combine it with the TWM short shifter.

16. lancered

man i cant wait to get that either!if anyone was wanting a weighted shift knob,id go to Ziggy.hes a pretty good guy.shipped my knob fast!!

17. lancer08guy

lancer08guy Well-Known Member

does anyone have the TWM short shifter? if so. how do you like the height change?

18. SeRious08

Its all PRE-orders right now. But from past experience with them, the height is awesome.

19. ejlancer

ejlancer Well-Known Member

let us know how well it works and if its worth the money or not, im considering it but i dont want to be the gini pig.

20. eTXlancer

works is the first and only short shifter i'v had and it didnt come with bushings. what are they for and where do they go?